Something strange is happening in the forests around Chernobyl. More precisely, it is what is not happening that is the problem. When leaves fall and trees die there, they are not decomposing properly. Scientists visiting the dead forests noticed tha

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

HAVE you a good imagination? 你的想象力丰富吗? I mean, when there are clouds in the sky, can you see giants or galloping horses or rabbits with long ears or other things? 我是指,当天上有云朵时,你能看出是巨人?飞奔的骏

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

THE fishiest city in the World is in Norway on a fiord. 世界上最有鱼味的城市就在挪威的一个峡湾里, The city and the fiord are both called Bergen. 这个城市和这个峡湾都叫卑尔根。 The fishermen from the Lofoden Is-lan

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

The Norwegian people catch herring in nets, then they salt, smoke, or dry them to make sure they will keep almost forever without spoiling. 挪威人用网打捞鲱鱼,然后,用盐腌制、用烟熏制、或晒干风干,用各种方法保存鲱鱼

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Near the Mother of Waters are two cities.One is named Annapolis. 在河之母附近有两座城市。一个叫安纳波利斯, The other is named Baltimore. 另一个叫巴尔的摩。 Annapolis means Anna's City, and it too was named after a queen

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Chapter 7 Mary's Land, VirRinia's State, and Penn's Woods 第7章 玛丽的领地、弗吉尼亚的领土和佩恩的森林 Did you ever trade a top for some marbles or an apple for an orange? 你曾经用陀螺交换购买一些弹珠,或者用一个

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

1. The canoe was now approaching the land. The man with the carved paddle stopped. It should be somewhere here, he said. The other man had been in the fore part of the canoe, closely scrutinising the land. He had a sheet of yellow paper on his knee.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

严重雾霾影响清迈经济及居民健康 In northern Thailand, the annual haze has come early, affecting both citizens' health and the local economy -- including traffic in and out of the region's airports. 每年都出现的雾霾现象今年在泰

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年3月

It's been protected from human impact since 1909. With three million acres, nearly a half million under water, Superior National Forest is largely unspoiled. But now the survival of this national treasure rest with those who would see some of it burn

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

岩石圈LITHOSPHERE 固态地球SolidEarth 洞穴Caves 地震活动Seismicactivity 地震监测Seismicmonitoring 火山Volcanoes 风蚀Winderosion 陆地生态系统TERRESTRIALECOSYSTEMS 土壤Soils 农

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

亚热带生态系统Sub-tropicalecosystems 温带森林Temperateforests 温带林地Temperatewoodlands 树木Trees 热带生态系统Tropicalecosystems 热带森林Tropicalforests 热带森林生态系统

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

About the middle of the day, after their repast is finished, they settle on the trees to enjoy rest and digest their food. 大约中午,野鸽结束觅食后,它们往往栖息枝杈歇息或消化食物。 As the sun begins to sink beneath the h

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

迷你对话: A: I hear that Mary got mad. 我听说玛丽疯了。 B: So I heard. 我也听说了。 A: Whats wrong with her? 怎么搞的。 B: She went over the edge after her son was killed in an accident. 自从他儿子在车祸中丧生后,她

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Cheryl: So, who are some of the people who are fighting to protect these trees besides you as an environmental scientist? Nick: Well, in Tasmania, the first green political party was developed, so yeah, they obviously want to protect the forests a lo

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Luwin made him count them out. Careful, they're still sharp. Don't cut yourself. 鲁温要他算清楚了。小心,它们依然很锋利,可别割伤自己。 Tell me about the children, Bran said. It was important. 告诉我森林之子的事。布

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

But some twelve thousand years ago, the First Men appeared from the east, crossing the Broken Arm of Dorne before it was broken. 大约一万两千年前,先民出现了,他们通过当时还没断裂的多恩断臂角自东方跨海而来。 The

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Shirley: Hi, David. How are you? David: I'm fine, thank you, Shirley. Shirley: So, environmental issues ... we were talking about them earlier throughout the world, and you're from Kenya. David: Yes, I'm from Kenya. Shirley: So, what's happening over

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Address away, Professor Aronnax, and if I'm able to answer, I will. 提吧, 阿龙纳斯先生,只要我能答复,我就一定答复。 Well then, captain, how is it that you've severed all ties with the shore, yet you own forests on Crespo Isl

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

WE HAD FINALLY arrived on the outskirts of this forest, surely one of the finest in Captain Nemo's immense domains. 我们到底走到森林的边缘了,这可能是尼摩船长的广大领土中最美好的一处。 He regarded it as his own and h

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

A: What is that plastic cup for? B: Your doctor has requested a urine sample. A: Am I supposed to pee into the cup? B: We want what we call a clean sample. Urinate a drop or so into the toilet, and then stop the flow and urinate into the cup. A: Then

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 健康-Health