A former cabinet minister once infamously described the homeless as the people you step over when you're coming out of the opera. As reprehensible a joke as it is, his words are about to be thrown back at him, or rather sung back, by the kind of peop

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Risk is endemic in human affairs. To say to someone I love you or to say in church I believe can never be risk-free undertakings. They are to make investments in things that are not fully under one's control. The other person may not love you back. T

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

I was attending a workshop on women and violence. One told her story. She was 18 and visiting a farm with her boyfriend. Alone together, they had sex even though she didn't want to. Guilt-ridden, humiliated and demeaned, why didn't she report it? Bec

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The Bible's boring, everyone knows that. Phares begat Esrom and Esrom begat Aram and Aram begat Aminadab. When I was teaching public bible reading in our church, I made the lesson readers practice with a telephone directory, to learn how to make it i

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Yesterday the Health Secretary announced his social care reform plan. The reforms have been adopted from an earlier commission which grappled with the soaring cost of residential care. While the State is considering the cost of care for a growing ove

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Each year the serious depression affects 6% of UK adults and 121 million people worldwide. At some time in our lives, one in six of us will experience an episode and the World Health Organisation predicts by 2020 depression will be the largest single

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them. Not very long, answered the Mexican. But then, why didn't you stay out longer and

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 我们都是有故事的人之生而为赢

[00:02.58]Big Rocks 人生的大石头 [00:04.50] One day, an expert in time management was speaking to a group of students , [00:10.85]and to drive home a point, [00:13.12]used an illustration those students will never forget. [00:16.53] As he stood in fr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧背囊超越自我

[00:01.04]The Miller and His Son磨坊主和儿子 [00:03.88]A miller and his son were one day taking their donkey to the market for sale. [00:10.90]On the road they met a man riding a horse who said to them, [00:14.82]How stupid you are; you have a donkey

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧背囊超越自我

I'm Nobody! Who are you? --------by Emily Dickinson I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you--Nobody--too? Then there's a pair of us! Don't tell! they'd advertise--you know! How dreary--to be--Somebody! How public--like a Frog-- To tell your name--the livelo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Life comes in a package 有种旅行叫作人生 Life comes in a package. This package includes happiness and sorrow, failure and success, hope and despair. Life is a learning process. Experiences in life teach us new lessons and make us a better per

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

简介: 这是一部喜剧片,共分七章来笑论人生的百态。内容包含了人性、性欲、宗教等应有尽有的人生问题。剧中大量运用了讽刺的手法,疯狂幽默之处令人捧腹喷饭。蒙蒂皮东剧团是英国最

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 看电影学英语

What do I believe? What laws do I live by? There are so many answers - work, beauty, truth, love - and I hope I do live by them. 什么是我所信仰的?什么是我生活的准则?答案很多,比如工作、美丽、真理、爱心,但愿我

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

So you didnt have a perfect childhood? Sorry for your loss. What a great excuse you may have for not going all the way to make your dreams come true. 你的童年不够美好?对此我深表遗憾。可这又算什么理由,竟能阻碍你一路追

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You can't be all things or do all things for all people. 你不能为所有人成为任何人或做所有事。 A life without limits means rarely saying no and considering everyone else's feelings before your own. Not only are these people-pleasing

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

It's easy to be thankful for the good things, while a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. 对美好的事物感恩很容易; 精彩的人生属于那些对挫折也心存感激的人。

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

You can't be all things or do all things for all people. 你不能为所有人成为任何人或做所有事。 A life without limits means rarely saying no and considering everyone else's feelings before your own. Not only are these people-pleasing

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Life comes in a package. This package includes happiness and sorrow, failure and success, hope and despair. Life is a learning process. Experiences in life teach us new lessons and make us a better person. With each passing day we learn to handle var

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

我们都希望过一种有意义的人生,但是从何开始?在这个引人深思的演讲里,贾桂林诺瓦格拉兹向我们介绍了耐心资本的故事以及她所遇到的一些沉浸在某种正义、某个社区或某种热情而奋斗

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

A Psalm of Life by Herry Wadsworth Longfellow 人生礼颂享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗 Tell me not in mournful numbers, 请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲; Life is but an empty dream! 人生呵,无非是虚梦一场! For the soul is dead that slumb

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读