There is a kind of tribalism in us all which can make us feel uneasy, even threatened at times by difference. But our prejudices often tell us more about ourselves than we would like to admit. When the Quran says we have made you into nations and tri

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

To be compassionate is, if we take the word to bits, to suffer with another, to feel their suffering almost as if it is our own. So someone can work hard to relieve suffering, and be highly skilled in doing so, without thereby exhibiting compassion -

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

In the front gardens, even in the rain, I notice the first signs of spring and the greyness of winter giving way to small yellow white and purple flowers. Spring is rising in all the animals which include us humans. So we smile good mornings to our n

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Unit 12 how to talk to your parents You may just need help relating to your parents or you mainly talk to them something difficult. By the way,read on. Here's how: 1.Find time that you and your parents can be comfortable and relaxed together. 2.Make

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语广播节选

It's easy to be thankful for the good things, while a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. 对美好的事物感恩很容易; 精彩的人生属于那些对挫折也心存感激的人。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

With Parliament in recess, we don't hear much from our political masters. 在国会休会期间,政治精英们没有发表太多言论, MP's, as well as many business leaders, are on holiday. 议员和商界领导正在度假。 I hope they have

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Some of the parents I know with teenage children who use cannabis are fairly relaxed about what's happening. 在我认识的父母中,有些并不在意孩子吸食大麻。 It isn't doing any harm, one tells me, Alcohol's much worse. 这又没什么

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

In a pre-flight news conference in the summer of 1969 1969年夏天,在一次飞行前的新闻发布会上 Neil Armstrong said, I think we're going to the moon because it is in the nature of the human being to face challenges. 尼尔阿姆斯特朗说

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Two weeks ago a young Christian girl, Rimsha Masih was detained in Pakistan near the capital Islamabad. 两周前,一名年轻的基督教女孩里姆沙马希赫在巴基斯坦首都伊斯兰马巴德附近被捕。 The girl who is in her early te

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Whether we expand existing towns or build new cities it begs the question about how we build an environment that helps us live in harmony with each other and with the natural world, upon which we depend for our existence.The history of the earth told

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The road to peace and reconciliation is a complex and painful process, whether in national or indeed individual conflicts. It involves the conquering of fear, the dealing with bitterness and outrage, and the building of trust. It can be supported or

The sight of a grown woman lying on the floor, her wrist pinned down by the foot of someone who was supposed to be caring for her was one of the more shocking images that emerged from Winterbourne View, the private hospital which was home to 44 peopl

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

When I'm sitting in the Multi-faith Centre at the Athlete's Village I can look around at the diverse representation of humanity I am with. 我坐在运动员村的宗教多元中心,环顾四周,看见了形形色色、各具代表的人。 We ar

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

You can become more fearful and protective of your lifestyle and your loved ones or you come to terms with the fact that open and tolerant societies will always come with their own risks. These societies flourish because we put our trust in people, i

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

The London Olympics has given us new vocabulary: ORNs and PRNs. Or as we've been hearing, Olympic Road Network and Paralympic Road Network. And as from today London commuters travelling along the Olympic network will have to beware of the 30 miles of

男人强励志英文成功人生29篇[22]

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

男人强励志英文成功人生29篇[21]

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

男人强励志英文成功人生29篇[19]

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

If you aredissatisfiedwith somearea of yourlife right now, insteadofbeing frustrated, get excited. Cause I gottatellyousomething: untilyou getdissatisfied, youwon't do anythingtoreally makeyourlifeatanother level. 如果你现在对你的人生某些部

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力