数学不仅仅是一堆逻辑和函数,它还可以很酷。数学家阿瑟-本杰明向我们展示了斐波纳契数列的隐含魅力,以及种种看起来很神奇的巧合(同时提醒你,数学也可以是激动人心的!)。

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:百字不如一数字

Addition 加法 Addition is the process of putting numbers together. 加法是把数字放在一起的运算过程。 Addition is one of the simplest things in math. 加法是数学中最简单的运算之一。 It is very basic in math as well. 它在

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第3册

1. promise在段中表示给人...的希望,有...的可能,后面可加to再加动词来表示可能做到的事情。 It promises to be fine tomorrow. 明天有希望是个好天气。 2. when it comes to...表示一说到...,就...方面。

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 儿童英文广播剧在线听

讲解文本: piece of cake 小菜一碟,轻而易举的事 For me, math is just a piece of cake. 数学,对我而言,就是小菜一碟。 Don't worry, breaking up with him is just a piece of cake. 别担心我,和他分手对我来说,轻

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

模仿文本:So it seems not everyone is sure but do mathematicians agree of whether zero is odd or even? The debate is settled among mathematicians. Mathematicians are agreed that zero is an even number? Zero is an even number, and it will pass ev

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

When I was a kid I was top of the class in maths. I was really good at mental arithmetic and doing sums. Things were easy back then, It was all addition and subtraction, multiplication and division. I knew my times tables like the back of my hand. Th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-M

Math Hurts My Brain Why? Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: Dear A Moment of Science, Im not a math person. In fact, anytime I have to deal with numbers, let alone solve an actual math problem??which, thankful

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

76 华盛顿国际数学奥林匹克竞赛 DATE=7-27-2001 TITLE=AMERICAN MOSAIC #828-International Math Olympiad BYLINE=Nancy Steinbach HOST: (Start at 0'54

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

High school students have defeated an artificial intelligence device designed to pass the national college entrance exam, in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. 最近,四川省成都市某高中的学生们战胜了专门为通过高考而设计的人工

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

合理地描述自身的优点和缺点 Question:What are your strengths and weaknesses? 提问:你的优点和缺点各是什么? Hint:Talk about relevant strengths for the job and irrelevant weaknesses. If you can, mention a personal weakness t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

Lesson 139 Clever boy! 1.Clever boy!真是个聪明的孩子! 2.How clever you are!你真聪明! 3.You're a clever girl.你是个聪明的女孩。 4.He's very clever.他很聪明。 5.He's clever at maths.他在数学方面很有灵气。

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

This motivated scientists from Mexico, Spain and England to study the luminance in Van Gogh's paintings in detail. 促使墨西哥、西班牙和英国的科学家开始研究梵高画作裡的颜色亮度。 They discovered that there is a distinct

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

One of the most remarkable aspects of the human brain is its ability to recognize patterns and describe them. 人的大脑有一个惊人的特性,就是能认出事物运作的模式并描述它。 Among the hardest patterns we've tried to underst

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

【主餐一道:泛听练习】以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写.空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 泛听建议:1、完整听一遍,掌握大意

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

1. Q: What probable caused the man's stomachache? A) The pear. B) The weather. C) The sea food. D) The cold. 2. Q: What do we learn from the conversation? A) Mary has never studied mathematics. B) Mary must be good at mathematics. C) Mary enjoys lear

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

Once in a great while, a few times in history, a human mind produces an observation so acute and unexpected that people can't quite decide which is the more amazingthe fact or the thinking of it. Principia was one of those moments. It made Newton ins

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

The Mathematical Institute is the centre for mathematical activity at the University of Oxford. 数学研究所是牛津大学的数学活动中心。 Research in the Institute is carried out in a wide variety of fields, including algebraic,number

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 走进牛津大学

Over one's head Over the hump 大家肯定都很熟悉英文里的over这个字。Over is spelt: 0-V-E-R. Over的意思是:在上面,但是这个字在不同场合有不同的意思。今天我们要

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

The United States last week ended a 21-year drought when its team took home first place in the annual International Mathematical Olympiad. The U.S. win broke a long stretch dominated by China, which placed lower than second only once during that peri

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

It goes up by 15 percent, 对于所有事物都是如此 and you have a 15 percent savings 你还能节省 on the infrastructure. 15%的基础设施经费 This, no doubt, is the reason 这无疑就是 why a million people a week are gathering in citi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇