AS IT IS 2014-07-28 Chinese Fighters Changing Face of US Boxing 中国拳击战士改变美国拳击面貌 The face of heavy weight boxing is changing in the United States. Two Asian boxers have entered the ring. Chinese Olympic medal winner Zhang Zh

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Ukraine Boxing Superstar Prepares for City Hall Arena 乌克兰拳击巨星备战大会堂竞技场 Vitaliy Klitschko is recognized as a Ukrainian icon for his incredible boxing prowess. But the heavyweight hero says he dreams of a different legacy,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Pre-Listening Vocabulary defective: doesnt function normally; imperfect agreement: when the subject corresponds with the correct version of the verb panties: female underwear boxers: male underwear that is shaped like shorts wordsmith: a person who i

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Peg Steinberg was diagnosed not once but twice with cancer. Through the difficult times of bouncing in and out of good health, Peg and her son, Dan, recall the source of their strength: family unity. Time again for StoryCorps, where friends and love

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

A: Lily , I found a pair of men' s boxers in the laundry machine this morning! 莉莉,今天早晨我在洗衣机里发现了一个男士的平角裤。 B: What?! That' s weird. Are they your boyfriend' s? 什么?!那么奇怪。是你男友的吗

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

彭博社网站:目前,最有效的抗击埃博拉病毒的方法只有一个:大量喝水。 埃博拉蔓延时代多喝水有了新意义 Bloomberg.com: The best medical advice for surviving Ebola right now might fit in one word: drink. With

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

By Jela De Franceschi Washington 26 March 2008 Russian gunrunner Viktor Bout was recently arrested under a warrant issued by the United States, which accuses him of supplying weapons to the Colombian rebel group, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Col

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

By Parke Brewer Chicago 03 November 2007 Russian boxers are showing they should be a force at next year's Beijing Olympics as they are headed for the top performance of the 107 countries at the amateur World Boxing Championships in Chicago. VOA Sport

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Mike: Hi, Amanda. Why don't you sit down and watch this boxing match on TV? It's a championship fight. Amanda: No way, Mike. I hate boxing! I don't understand why people enjoy watching two grown men beat the living daylights out of each other. Aren't

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Arctic ground squirrels hibernate like other small mammals, but with a unique twist. They can lower their body temperature right down to almost minus 3 degrees centigrade. But thanks to a biochemical super-cooling process, they dont actually freeze.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

boxer 拳击运动员 boxing glove 拳击手套 boxing shoe 拳击鞋 infighting 近战 straight punch 直拳 uppercut 上钩拳 right hook 右钩拳 foul 犯规 punch bag 沙袋 punch ball 沙球 boxi

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Kerry: Were almost done with the shopping. We just need some underwear for you and some unmentionables for me. Russell: Its perfectly acceptable for women to buy mens underwear, but do I have to go into the lingerie store? All of the women in the sto

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是ups and downs。 Ups and downs, 意思是时好时坏,起伏波折。The team had its ups and downs during the season, 这个球队整个赛季的表现时好时坏,起伏不定。The heavyweight champion had his ups an

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃