Although these were not considered giant predators, they were still packed with muscle. 虽然不是巨型掠食者,它们也相当壮实。 These would've had some bearing on their speed and agility. 这对它们的速度和灵活性会有影响。

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Relying on evidence collected from the dig site and knowledge of modern animal behavior,根据化石场收集的证据加上对现代动物行为的了解,experts recreates a plausible scenario where a female competes with a male in a battle to the

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

The thing about extinction events is that, of course they're very bad for the animals that go extinct, but they open up a door of opportunity for a lot of other animals and plants. 其实就灭绝事件来说,当然对走向灭绝的动物来说很糟

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

The impact of this asteroid was unparalleled. 这次小行星的撞击威力空前。 The power it released was greater than the combined force of man's entire nuclear arsenal. 它释放的能量比人类整个核武库加起来都要强大。 Recrea

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Pachyrhinosaurus like pretty much all members of the Ceratopsian family have no weaponry from behind their neck backwards. 肿鼻角龙和角龙家族的所有成员一样,从颈部往后没有什么武器。 From their neck back, they're completel

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

The horn of the Pachyrhinosaurus could have been as long as a meter. 肿鼻角龙的角可能有一米长。 Many paleontologists think it was shaped like a rhinoceros horn, but much larger. 很多古生物学家们认为它的形状和犀牛角相仿,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Scientists quickly discovered that these dinosaurs had all died at the same time. 科学家们很快发现了这些恐龙全部是同时死亡的。 Finding the remains in one place could mean only one thing. 在同一地点发现的遗骸只能说明一

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

The excavation uncovered one set of remains, then another, then another. 挖掘工作发现了一具骨骸之后又一具之后再一具。 Soon, they had thousands of bones from multiple species. 很快就有了来自多个物种的数千块骨头。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

We can look at modern jaguar to see animals that sort of play the same role that Ceratosaurus does. 我们可以参考现代的美洲豹,来看一看差不多扮演着角鼻龙角色的动物。 Jaguars take on medium to smaller prey, but it's hesi

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

This was typical with plant eaters, but less commonly seen in predators before this time. 这在植食性动物中很典型,不过在此前的掠食者中并不常见。 What's interesting with Allosaurus, we find large accumulations of Allosaurus'

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Over the next 90 million years, a new era called the Cretaceous period dawned. 在接下来的九千万年里,开始了一个叫做白垩纪的新时期。 Broader-leaf plants that could tolerate seasonal weather changes covered the land. 能够忍受

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

But its not completely finished. Paul and his team need Luis advice on a couple of issues. There are several unknowns. And a complete tail has never been found. So on the older drawings that we have, theres maybe 53 tailbones but the newer thinking i

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

So how realistic do you think it is to show 3 tyrannosaurs coming together like this? We have evidence suggesting that these animals lived in groups. Its very reasonable to imagine a scene like this in which you have a juvenile eating a carcass of a

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

The number-one concern in life would befeeding the beast. The land is covered in vast forests offerns, pines, and monkey puzzle trees. Many of these plants have almost nonutritional valuel. The hardest job in the animal world, thedinosaur world, was

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

They couldnt see directly behind themselves, and they actually would have problems seeing directly in front of themselves. Its almost a different visual world than one that we can imagine. The Parasaurolophus have a solution to this problem. When you

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

Triceratops is an amazing animal simply because it was absolutely enormous. They had this big massive body with a big gut. So, you know, we are talking of an animal thats maybe four or five tons. A Triceratops is half as tall as a T-Rex, yet it weigh

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

just probably you stay stinking machine walking its way to the forest. Digesting plant fiber is the hardest job. In the eco-system an Ankylosaurus tackle that job, which is why it needed that enormous bulk, gigantic stomach and some divided intestine

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2013年

It was a time of giants when dinosaurs like me ruled the Earth. But that, that's not me. This is me. My neck! Knock down the tree! Right, you got it! Yeah. I also got it, dad. Knock down the tree! Okay, and then maybe you just reach for... Okay. Dad,

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Science and Technology The rise of the dinosaurs Pardon! 科技 恐龙的崛起 恕我直言! A geological burp may have led to the dinosaurs' domination 地质上的甲烷释放可能是恐龙称霸地球的原因 THE s, famously, went out with a ba

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

When a South Carolina student was given an assignment by his teacher to create a Facebook-type status report telling something interesting about himself, he allegedly wrote I killed my neighbors pet dinosaur. I bought the gun to take care of the busi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻