Shan: I just meant that she's got different taste. Ali: What kind of girl is she? Shan: She's pretty conservative. Ali: Is her fiance Taiwanese? Shan: Yes. Ali: How old is he? Shan: About 30. He's really outgoing. But why do you ask? conservative (a.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Living with Purpose Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21 (NIV) For David ... served the purpose of God in his own generation. Acts 13:36 (NASB) Living on purpose is the only way to really liv

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

Thoughts on Life感悟生命 Slow the pace of your life and give yourself some time for meditating. It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live. 英语智慧美文之品味人生篇01:Making Sandcastles堆沙堡

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

欣赏独具创意的英语广告!边听边看边学,品味世界名牌的风范,从细微之处感受英美社会的文化。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 广告大餐

A miller and his son were one day taking their donkey to the market for sale. 一天,磨坊主和他的儿子牵着驴去集市,准备把驴卖掉。 On the road they met a man riding a horse who said to them, How stupid you are; you have a donke

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire.He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house-building business to live a more leisurel life with his wife and enjoy his extended family.He would miss the paycheck each week ,but he wanted to

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

When the great library of Alexandria burned, the story goes, one book was saved. But it was not a valuable book; and so a poor man, who could read a little, bought it for a few coppers. 故事从亚历山大图书馆被付诸一炬开始。有一本书

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. 一位年轻的总裁,

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

On Nov.18, 1995, Itzhak Perlman, the violinist, came on stage to give a concert. If you have ever been to a Perlman concert, you know that getting on stage is not a small achievement for him. He was stricken with polio as a child, and so he walks wit

The story goes that a certain court jester went too far one day and insulted his king. The king became so infuriated he sentenced the jester to be executed. His court prayed upon the king to have mercy for thes man who had served him well for so many

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else. 无论是否准备好,总有一天它都会走到

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

A long time ago, in Egypt lived a famous mystical person named Zun-Nun. A young man came to visit him and asked,Teacher, I do not understand why people like you when you dress in such a simple way? 很久以前,在埃及生活着一位著名的神秘

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

Each summer in the late 1960s, my two sisters and I would ride the Greyhound bus from Arizona to Arkansas to stay with our father. 二十世纪六十年代末的时候,每个夏天我和我的两个姐妹都会乘坐从亚里桑那州到阿肯色州

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

They run into Clyde at Meskerem Clyde:Good evening Ms. Jackson. Fancy meetin you here. Nikki:Hi, Clyde. This is my friend, Wen. She's visiting from UCLA. Clyde:Clyde Smith. Pleasure to meet you. May I treat you ladies to dinner? Nikki:OK! [getting a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

编者按: 《圣经》中说,今日乃主所创,人生中,真正令人不安静的其实是对昨天的悔恨和明天的恐惧。那么,不如静下心来好好的品味现在。 Relish the Moment Tucked away in our subconsciousness is an

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

You always dress simply but in good taste 你的穿着总是很简单,但是很有品味。 in good taste 雅致;品位高 The room was furnished simply but in good taste. 房间里的陈设朴素大方。 When you are in important occasion,you m

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

We really have different tastes in movies. 我们对电影的品味真的非常不同。 taste 品尝 have a taste of... You must have a taste of the fruitcake. 你一定得尝尝这个水果蛋糕。 have a taste for.. 喜爱 I have a taste for red

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

You have a very good taste. 您的品味很不错。 A:This shirt is really nice. 这件衬衫真漂亮。 B:You have a very good taste,sir.Would you like to try it on? 您的品味 很不错,先生,您想试穿一下吗? A:Ok,I'll try on a med

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语