But I was curious to know, what else would they do if they could do this much? 但我好奇地是,他们既已达到如此水平还能干些别的什么? I started experimenting with other subjects, among them, for example, pronunciation. 我开始

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

27. Scientific Theories In science, a theory is a reasonable explanation of observed events that are related. A theory often involves an imaginary model that helps scientists picture the way an observed event could be produced. A good example of thi

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(314) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念优美背诵短文50篇

网页漫画家兰德尔.门罗常运用数理、逻辑和冷面幽默来回答一些简单的假设性问题(例如:假设你击中一颗速度高达光速的棒球将会发生什么事?)在他引人入胜的演说中分享了一位读者提

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

1. I must say he reads very well, and I shouldnt be surprised if he ______ acting for a living one day. A. had taken up B. takes up C. have taken up D. would have taken up 解析:(B)所给的四个选项中没有一个表示对未来的情况的虚拟

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

下面是英语六级虚拟语气例题解析(二),供考生学习。 1. As usual, he put on a show as though his trip______ a great success. A. had been B. has been C. were D. was 解析:A.as though引导的与过去相反的虚拟。 2. Looking

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

图片1 assume vt. 以为,假定,设想,采取,呈现 例句:I assumed you can speak French fluently. 我以为你能讲流利的法语。 assumption n. 假定,设想,担任,承当,假装,作态 例句:The project was predicated

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

英语中有一些句子虽然只有短短的几个单词,但是用处却非常大。这些句子能在多种场合使用,言简意赅地表达我们想表达的意思。下面我们一起来看一下吧! 1. Don't take it to heart。 别往心里

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语日常口语

Sink or swim, live or die, survive or perish, I give my hand and my heart to this vote. 沉沦抑或求生,活着抑或死亡,幸免抑或毁灭?我完全支持这一投票表决。 It is true, indeed, that, in the beginning, we aimed not at in

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Morning!I am Juliet. Nice to meet you through network. Hope we could spend a wonderful morning together. An hour in the morning is worth two hours in the evening. 一天之计在于晨,若您有个美好晨间生活,相信您一天的生活都是

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

【复习】 Last time we learned two sentence patterns which are S suppose ( that ) S did. and S suppose ( that ) S had done . 第一句表示的意思是对将来或者是现在的情况的一种设想,假设,因此宾语从句中的谓语是di

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

【今日主题】 This morning, I'd like to talk about a new sentence pattern which is : S suppose (that) S did. 这个句式表达的意思是假设,设想某人做某事。In this sentence suppose means to pretend that something is true or imagi

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

The Fermi Paradox Back in 1950, the Nobel prize-winning physicist Enrico Fermi was having lunch with friends. Conversation turned to the possibility of extraterrestrial life. According to the popular story, Fermi fell silent for a moment and then ask

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

16.Whichofthefollowingbestdescribesthe author’sopinionaboutapplyingliteraryanalysisto editedautobiographies? (A)Theauthorisadamantlyopposedtothe applicationofliteraryanalysistoedited autobiographies

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

(10)Inmanycases,theso-callededitednarrativeof anex-slaveoughttobetreatedasaghostwritten accountinsofarasliteraryanalysisisconcerned especiallywhenitascomposedbyitseditorfrom “astatementoffacts”pro

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Read this declaration at the head of the army; 请在起义前朗读这篇宣言, every sword will be drawn, and the solemn vow uttered to maintain it, or perish on the bed of honor. 每一把刀剑应该出鞘,发出的神圣誓言应该兑现,否

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

But whatever may be our fate, be assuredbe assured that this Declaration will stand. 无论我们命运如何,我敢担保,请放心,这份独立宣言将会生效, It may cost treasure, and it may cost blood; but it will stand, and it will r

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Her pride will be less wounded by submitting to that course of things, which now predestinates our independence, 倘若英国顺其自然,美国独立在所难免,大英帝国颜面多少得以保留; than by yielding the points in controversy

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

熟练地运用英语的一个重要方面就是学习并掌握英语本族者常用的生动、活泼的习语。 1. after you.你先请。这是一句很常用的客套话,在进/出门,上车得场合你都可以表现一下。 (好象现在女士

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

A few minutes can feel like forever when you're waiting on the results of a pregnancy test. But in that brief time, you're witnessing the power of the scientific method. That one little stick lets you ask a question, perform a controlled experiment,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Imagine that you hit a deer with your car. You don't suffer any physical harm whatsoever. Your car suffers cosmetic damage, but you have insurance. So the question is this: are you the type to feel lucky to be alive? If you had been driving faster or

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16