THE MAKING OF A NATION - August 8, 2002: Korean War VOICE 1: This is Doug Johnson. VOICE 2: And this is Phil Murray with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special English program about the history of the

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember with Faith Lapidus. This Monday is Memorial Day in the United States. The holiday honors the memory of the nation's military dead. FAITH LAPIDUS: One way to preserve a me

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Madison Declares War on Britain in 1812 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning English. Im Steve Ember. The United States declared war on Britain in 1812. It did so bec

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Broadcast: Mar 28 2003 Texan Clint Black wrote I Raq and Roll with his longtime collaborator Hayden Nicholas. The song is only available as a free download from his website, www.clintblack.com. He exp

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-文艺之窗

Broadcast: Mar 29,2003 As U.S. and British forces advance toward Baghdad, television pictures show a land that seems to offer nothing but desert. But for officials of the United Nations Educational, S

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(380) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-文艺之窗

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Have you ever been on a bus

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

I don't think it's just the bad people who are guilty of war crimes. The world's press always pick on the dictators or leaders they have decided are bad. They then make them into monsters and say they are guilty of terrible war crimes. This is probab

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-W

Russia is holding its biggest military exercise since the fall of the Soviet Union. The military exercise is being called Vostok-2018 and includes forces from China and Mongolia. The war games continue in Russias Far East and eastern Siberia through

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Broadcast: Mar 22 2003 Large crowds of anti-war 1) demonstrators turned out in New York City, Saturday. Protesters marched in the streets there and in several major U.S. cities to protest the Bush adm

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-国际时讯

IN THE NEWS -August 31, 2002: Rules on Making War By Caty Weaver Saddam Hussein This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program In The News. American officials and the public are debating if

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

THE MAKING OF A NATION - May 9, 2002: The War in Europe, Part 1 By David Jarmul VOICE 1: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (Theme) In December nineteen-fo

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

THE MAKING OF A NATION - Election of 1868: Famous War Hero Becomes President By David Jarmul Broadcast: Thursday, July 21, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special Englis

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. American forces in Afghanistan have launched their first offensive since President Obama announced more troops for the war. On Friday, military officials said more than one thousand NATO troops, mostly Amer

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(264) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

THIS IS AMERICA - National World War Two Memorial By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, May 31, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Graphic Image Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember.

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

The war is over, turn around Lay your weapons on the ground The smoke is fading, before the light The dead are coming back to life He has made a way for us Born for glory out of dust Children held within the arms of peace He has made a way for all Me

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

For what fills like a life time I stood my ground I felt nothing could touch me until now Fall, and then you watch me, Fall The warrior inside me is crying out Set your face like a flint and stand your ground Fall, and then you watch me, Fall Never w

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

In Syria, the four-year bloody conflict has driven many out of business. But a select few have escaped bankruptcy by embracing newly prosperous businesses affiliated with the war. It is a story about a lucrative business from an unlikely place. Profi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

We're filled with emptiness Re-living our mistakes Why are you so afraid We never were alone Selfish anger now plagued with a thought Our lives or nothing else Hearts bleed from a lifetime of pain We're reaching for empty dreams Endless battle of dea

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

The annihilation of our souls Bring forth the last known resistance of lies This is the re-birth of our systems failure How quickly we crawl away from the masses The distance has fallen, trusting in failure How quickly we run fearing our death You li

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

To everything I hated, an anthem Built for the weak I've wasted time on you You've become a thought of the past It's now become so clear I'm not worth an ounce of your time If I could have a moment I'd have the strength to see this through When you c

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲