shelter n.遮蔽物,庇护所(可数);遮蔽,庇护(不可数) vt.遮蔽;保护 I'd like to know how to donate clothing to a homeless shelter. 我想知道该如何捐助衣物到游民庇护所。 It's raining now. Let's take shelter

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500

World Tourism Day is on September the 27th. It has been going since 1980 and was started by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). The purpose of this day is to raise awareness of the role of tourism internationally. The UNWTO hopes t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

First, Ill say something about World Expo History. As we know, the very first World Expo, the Great Exhibition of 1851, took place in the Crystal Palace in London. UK. Ever since then, the goals of World Expos have been both high-minded as well as co

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

2010上海世博会英语演讲稿 Look at this profile carefully. The title is The 2010 World Exposition ,Shanghai, China . this is the logo. And the theme is better city., better life.OK, lets guess who is the image representative? Yeah, youre righ

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

World No-Tobacco Day 世界无烟日 5月31日是世界无烟日(World No-Tobacco Day),自20世纪50年代以来,全球范围内已有大量流行病学研究证实,吸烟是导致肺癌的首要危险因素。为了引起国际社会对烟草

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Adults often find surprising subtexts in childrens literature but are they really there? Hephzibah Anderson delves into the world of Freud and fairy tales. 成年人经常能在儿童读物中发现令人意想不到的潜台词但这些潜台词真的

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是overarching。 Overarching, 有首要的意思。 The overarching goal of the event is to raise breast cancer awareness, 这次活动的首要目标是提高人们对乳腺癌的了解。距离美国国会中期选举只有三

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

2010上海世博会的主题馆介绍 上海世博会主题馆一共有五座,分别是城市人馆、生命馆、地球馆、足迹馆和未来馆。其中,城市人馆、生命馆和地球馆相互为邻,位于浦东的中心位置,与世博轴

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Dubai-based Al Ahli Holding Group has partnered with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to build a Fox-branded theme park and resort in Dubai, expected to open in 2018. 迪拜的Al Ahli控股集团与二十世纪福克斯消费品公司合作,将

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

With its giant Starbucks, Cheesecake Factory and Wolfgang Puck restaurant, you might for a minute mistake the new Shanghai Disney Resort for Anaheim or Orlando, Fla. 看到最新开张的上海迪士尼乐园里的大型星巴克咖啡店、芝士蛋糕

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Universal Studios has been given the approval for the development of a Hollywood theme park in Beijing. Chairman and Chief Executive of Universal Parks and Resorts, Tom Williams, made the announcement in the Chinese capital, saying the rise in people

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (The best you can do) Once in your life you find her Someone that turns your heart around And next thing you know you're closing down the town Wake up and it's still with you Even though you left her way across tow

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

India's finance minister has stepped down to run for president. Pranab Mukherjee submitted his formal resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday. He will be the ruling, Congress Party-led, coalition's candidate in the July 19 presidentia

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

All right yesterday was superbowl Sunday that means today is classical joke Monday 那么昨天是超级碗星期天 这就意味着今天是经典笑话星期一 Oh,it's popular.It's catching on 哦 好流行啊 好赶时髦啊 So today's joke is sp

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

2010上海世博会:浦东主题馆 Theme Pavilions in PudongLocation: Section B, western side of Expo Axis地理位置:会馆轴线西边B场Floor area: Total area of 80,000 square meters above ground and 40,000 square meters underground占地面

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

A: Hi, Jack, I will hold a party at my house next Monday. Would you like to come? A: 杰克,我下周一要举办一场聚会。你来吗? B: Of course! I'd like to. B: 当然!我非常愿意去。 A: Great! I am happy to hear that. You can take a

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语脱口秀之流行时尚

Listen to the questions and check the theme he is asking about. 1.What do you think about the application of SWAT theory to the staff management? 2.What's your ideal salary to this job? 3.Do you like to work in a team? 4.Do you read in your free time

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力练习题

Disney posted a 5% increase in revenue for the three months to 27 June - but missedexpectations for the first time in eight quarters. 迪斯尼宣布,到7月27日为止的三个月内,收入增长了5%,但这是它在8个季度里首次未能达到

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

William: Hello I'm William Kremer. Feifei: I'm Feifei. What's today's word, William? William: Well there's a footballing theme to this week's question, or at least a sporting theme. Let me ask you, Feifei, what characteristics do you associate with B

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

模仿文本: The theme of this final programme from the frozen South was always going to be about human life and the human presence in Antarctica. But the dramas which befell our ship, the Akademik Shokalskiy, capture exactly how vulnerable people

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀