Marissa 和同事 Hank 正在讨论吸烟的问题。Hank 说,有不少研究都发现,涨价确实能起到一定的抑制作用,促使一部分人戒烟。Marissa 说, M: I see. The high prices act as the straw that broke the camel's back.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Marissa 早上一到办公室,就开始跟同事 Hank 发牢骚。 Marissa: I hate walking into our building in the morning! - All the smokers stand around the building's entrance puffing away....I can't take it! Sorry....I'm just a little bit work

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

DAVID GREENE, HOST: This month, California became the world's largest jurisdiction with broad legal access to marijuana. Adults in this state can now buy marijuana without a doctor's prescription. But as Sarah Varney reports, obstetricians here are w

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

22Quitting Smoking GLOSSARY smoke break a short period of time during the workday when one stops working and goes outside to smoke a cigarette* My co-worker takes up to six smoke breaks a day! I dont know how she gets any work done. to bum (something

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

Health Report - Study Links Smoking to Millions of TB Deaths 健康报道 - 一项研究称吸烟和肺结核病死亡有直接联系 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 The World Health Org

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Daisy和Kathy听说同事Johnny戒烟,很替他高兴。Kathy问Johnny是怎么戒的。 K: What's worked so far? J: Well, for starters, I saw a doctor who specializes in helping people quit smoking. The doctor recommended a therapy group that meet

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Passage Transcript sometime earlier this year i took a trip to, England and France. uh, my family helped me out. uh... because i wanted to go see some friends in France. and i also had three people that i went to school with at Oxford. now, it was a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

A new organization called the Foundation for a Smoke-Free World is being criticized by health and anti-smoking groups. They accuse the foundation of acting secretly to assist tobacco companies, a charge the foundations president denied. Derek Yach is

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

英语作文 Direction: In this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic SMOKING.The first sentence of each paragraph is given.Your part of writing should be no less than 100 words.[SAMPLE] SMOKING It is almost known to all th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Todd: So Al, I must congratulate you, I hear you no longer smoke. Al: That's true, I'm now, six months ago I stopped smoking. Todd: Good man. So how did you do it? Al: I just, I went out and I had the best New Year's Eve I've ever had in my life, whe

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Smoking 1.吸烟对健康有害。 2.改变吸烟的习惯并不容易。 3.为了保护非吸烟者不受其害,应当采取措施减少吸烟的机会。 Smoking is harrnful to health. Medical science has now proved that smoking cancause lung can

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

Smoking is a terrible thing. Theres nothing good about it. I dont know how cigarette companies can advertise their products. Cigarettes kill people. Smoking is not cool. Last century, cigarette companies tried to make people think it was. They even t

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-S

KATHMANDU, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) -- Ban on smoking in public places will be enforced from Sunday with the Tobacco Control and Regulatory Act-2010 coming into effect. Those smoking in public places will be fined and civil servants will be liable to departme

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Workers at a district council(议会) in eastern England must now clock off(打卡) and back on if they take a cigarette break. Staff at Breckland Council in the eastern English county of Norfolk will no longer be paid for time spent smoking

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Lesson 197 Smoking will kill you. 1.Smoking will kill you.吸烟会害了你的。 2.Smoking will cause cancer.吸烟会导致癌症。 3.Smoking damages your health.吸烟有害健康。 4.You should quit smoking.Now!你应该现在就戒烟! 5.No

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

Daisy和Kathy听说同事Johnny戒烟,很替他高兴。Kathy问Johnny是怎么戒的。 K: What's worked so far? J: Well, for starters, I saw a doctor who specializes in helping people quit smoking. The doctor recommended a therapy group that meet

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Daisy在公司走廊上跟同事Johnny打招呼。 Daisy: Hey Johnny, good to see you! How have you been? I haven't seen you in almost a month. Johnny: Eleven days, six hours, 21 minutes, and let me see....twenty something seconds. D: Umm....eleven w

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 I h

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

[00:14.98]Good place for smoking 吸烟的好地方 [00:24.14]词汇扫描 [00:28.81]knack [n?k] 诀窍 [00:32.21]go one better 更胜一筹 [00:36.20]designated ['dezigneitid] 指定的 [00:40.80]英文原文 [00:42.60]Some people have a knack for r

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Researchers from Oxford University, the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, and the Chinese Centre for Disease Control conducted two large, nationally representative studies, fifteen years apart. They calculate the annual number of tobacco deaths ha

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台