More and more women have began smoking in the last few decades. One of the reasons is savvy marketing as Don explains to Yael in this Moment of Science. D: Yael, what's that in your hand? Y: Come on,

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

HEALTH REPORT - Dana Reeve's Death Adds to Questions on Lung Cancer in Women By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Health Report. Experts sa

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(三)月

从下面的内容中,你可以看到有关do和make的解释。正如你所知,在英语中,do和make这两个动词经常搞混。它们的意思经常很接近,但也有不同之处。一般来说,英语中表示完成任务或活动用d

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Key Sentences(重点句子) 296.I need to make reservations for dinner tomorrow night. 我要为明天的晚餐预订桌位。 297.Smoking or non-smoking? 吸烟区还是禁烟区? 298.We prefer to sit in non-smoking section. 我们喜

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

在现实生活中,不少英语学习者发现在交际过程中有时不能很好表达自己的思想或理解别人的情感,会说出闹不少笑话的chinglish (中国式英语)。怎样才能避免这种情况呢?以下几点供你参考。

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

A chimpanzee known for smoking cigarettes has died at a South African Zoo. The Bloemfontein Zoo says Charlie passed away Tuesday at the age of 52, at least ten years beyond the average life span for chimpanzees. The zoo tried to help Charlie stop smo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Every time when I go home by train, I feel very uncomfortable, because I have to smell the terrible air, people always smoke, making the public place smell bad. Since the motor train operates, I feel so happy, I find the train is very clean, the air

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Besides an increase of the wholesale tax rate, cigarette retailers will also have to pay an additional 0.005 yuan for each cigarette they sell. This is estimated to make retail price of cigarettes in 2015 increase by over 10 percent from that of last

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

全球每年60万人死于二手烟 Around one in a hundred deaths worldwide is due to passive smoking, which kills an estimated 600,000 people a year, World Health Organization (WHO) researchers said on Friday. In the first study to assess the globa

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

抽烟伤身又伤脑 Middle-aged adults who smoke tended to perform poorly on tests of memory and reasoning compared to nonsmokers, adding to the list of reasons not to smoke, French researchers said on Monday. Analyzing previously collected data on

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

BRUSSELS, July 10 (Xinhua) -- Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) in its public health committee on Wednesday backed a draft proposal to discourage youth smoking by banning the use of strawberry and other flavors in tobacco products. MEPs also

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Essay Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Smoking tobacco like other dangerous drugs should be made illegal. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience. Example Writing:

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

常用语句 1.Please tell him to stop smoking. 请告诉他不要抽烟。 2.Please refrain from smoking. 请禁止吸烟。 3.This is the smoking section,isn't it? 这是吸烟区,不是吗? 4.I'd like to smoke. 我要吸烟。 5.I am a heavy s

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

stop doing/to do stop to do 停止,中断做某事后去做另一件事。 stop doing 停止做某事。 They stop to smoke a cigarette. 他们停下来,抽了根烟。 I must stop smoking. 我必须戒烟了。 forget doing/to do forget to do 忘记

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1 Do I have to make a reconfirmation? 我还要再确认吗? 2 Is there any earlier one? 还有更早一点的吗? 3 Could you tell me my reservation number, please? 请你告诉我我的预订号码好吗? 4 Can I get a seat for todays 7:00 a.

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Shisha lounges 水烟休息室 Hubble, bubble 水烟幻想 Young British Asians have adapted an Arab tradition 年轻的亚裔英国人已经适应了阿拉伯传统 Does your mother know that you're out? 你的妈妈知道你外出了吗? MANY par

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

BEIJING, May 31 -- China will report its progress on tobacco(香烟) control to the member conference(联盟) of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) next year, but many experts say that there is still a lot to be done. China is

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

There is little doubt that depression is bad for the heart. Much as fatty diets, cigarette smoking, inactivity and obesity are linked with an increased risk of heart disease, recent evidence suggests that mental health has a similarly powerful impact

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

BEIJING, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- China's top legislature is considering the country's first national tobacco control law, according to a report released Wednesday. It is quite necessary to enact laws to control the dangers of smoking, says the report adop

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Smoking doesn't keep fat off A new Australian study debunking the myth that cigarettes keep weight down is a further warning about the dangers of smoking, an anti-smoking body says. A new Australian study debunking the myth that cigarettes keep weigh

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间