Dive the South Pacific By Yvette Cardozo For many people, the South Pacific evokes images of coconut palms, fragrant flowers, exotic fruit and, above all, romance. To a scuba diver, it means much more

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

AS IT IS 2016-04-02 Australias Great Barrier Reef Threatened 澳大利亚大堡礁受到白化威胁 Australias National Coral Bleaching Task force says the countrys Great Barrier Reef is facing the worst mass bleaching event in its history. 澳大利亚

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Great Barrier Reef Choking on Pollutants 大堡礁遭遇前所未有的污染 Attempts to protect the Great Barrier Reef are failing. A report released Monday by the government in Australia says water quality in the Great Barrier Reef is far below wh

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

1. coral,珊瑚。 eg:The women have elaborate necklaces of turquoise and pink coral. 女士们拥有绿宝石和粉色珊瑚制成的精美项链。 2. reef,礁,暗礁。 coral reef,珊瑚礁。 Great Barrier Reef,(澳大利亚)大堡礁。 eg:Bey

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Aboriginal people would have lived here too. Hunting the wildlife in areas that are now deep underwater. Then the end of last ice age, ice of the poles melted and sea levels rose all around the round flooding this lowline coast. This happened nearly

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2014年

Imagine all this activity, this constant even flow of life continuing for over 2,000 kilometers. It's hard to believe that such a hugh solid structure hasn't always been here. But compared with the rest of Australia, this reef is very young. -20,000

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2014年

Even though, coral reefs cover less than 1% of world's oceans. They contain a quarter of all known marine life. And the Great Barrier Reef is the biggest of them all. I still vividly remember my first dive on a coral reef over 20 years ago. And the m

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2014年

Many of the creatures are exquisitely beautiful, but some seem straight out of science fiction, while others can kill **. And just when you think you know the reef, it changes every second, every hour, every day, and every year. It's a world of conti

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2014年

The Florida Everglades are home to alligators, dozens of bird species, beautiful flowers and exotic plants. It's easy to see what attracts people to these places. But Florida's population growth, coupled with farms that require a never-ending supply

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

A year ago today, the ship, the Rena, hit a reef in Tauranga harbour. The result was a disaster for the harbour, the beach, sea birds, exporters and local businesses. It probably destroyed the career of the captain and navigator also. They served thr

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

UNIT 9 Traveling In China (II) Integrated Skills Development Dialogues A. A Visit to Dalian Chris Hudson is an American. Now he is having a conversation with FuHao, a local person in Dalian. Chris Hud

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 成人高教英语教材

Several Studies Show Oceans Face Serious Threats The worlds oceans are sick, and getting sicker every day. 世界海洋环境堪忧,而且日趋恶化。 Two new studies show the warming of Earths atmosphere is removing oxygen from ocean waters and

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

1. The fates of Enron founder Ken Lay and his right-hand man are now in the hands of jurors. Lay and Jeffrey Skilling each face long prison sentences if convicted on fraud and conspiracy charges for t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

Joel: So, Mitchell, you talked about surfing. You surf of course. Do you have any good surf stories? Mitchell: Well, one day I was surfing and my friend said, Oh, I see a shark so I'm just like, Right, you didn't see no shark so you know we keep on s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

This is AP news minute. 1. President Barack Obama warned his successor republican Donald Trump to take foreign influence of American election seriously once he takes office. His comments came during his last press conference of the year Friday. The p

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(十二)月

Scientists Warn of Threat to Coastal Reefs 科学家警告珊瑚礁受到威胁 American scientists are warning of a threat to the worlds coral and rocky reefs. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has identified four reasons for the t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

When we lose reefs, we lose basically the cradles of evolution in the oceans. Wolfgang Kiessling A new study out this week highlights the role that coral reefs play in evolution, adding another reason to preserve these delicate, diverse, and often be

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

The Chinese Foreign Ministry says Japan's request to claim the continental shelf and sea bed over the Okinotori reef is unreasonable and goes against international law. Spokesman Lu Kang made the remarks during a press conference this afternoon. Okin

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

炎炎夏日,一抹蓝色能让我们的心灵一下宁静了。今天我们想带领大家到南半球去,看看在地球的另一端,有着怎样的风景。 核心词汇 Coral Sea 珊瑚海 marine life海洋生物 lagoon n. [地理][水文] 泻

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Rebecca: Hey, Diego. Diego: Hey. Rebecca: What are you going to do for summer break? Diego: I'm thinking about going back home. Rebecca: To Mexico? Diego: Yeah. What about you? Rebecca: I will go back to Australia, and I'll probably go the beach of c

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂