11. To those who are unaware that animal research was needed to produce these treatments, as well as new treatments and vaccines, animal research seems wasteful at best and cruel at worst. 【分析】多重复合句。句子主干是animal research

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

63.Post office 邮局(上) 1.But if it's stamps you need,you can get some from the automatic stamp machine on the wall outside. 2.You can drop your letter in this red and blue mail box after you've put a stamp on it. 3.Can I get any stamps at this cou

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语每天说

63.Post office 邮局(上) 1.But if it's stamps you need,you can get some from the automatic stamp machine on the wall outside. 2.You can drop your letter in this red and blue mail box after you've put a stamp on it. 3.Can I get any stamps at this cou

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语每天说

主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

The red, metal box was half the size of a red brick. The box was attached to the wall near the principal's desk. A thin, glass rod was attached, horizontally, to the front of the box. Embossed red letters on the top of the box said, Fire Alarm. Embos

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Kanade: Hi, Todd. Todd: How are you doing? Kanade: Good, how are you? Todd: Pretty good. Kanade, you talk about your little sister a lot. Kanade: Yes, I like her. Her name is Asuka. She's a university student now. She's two years younger than I and w

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

今天我们要学的词是disorder。 Disorder, 有失调,疾病的意思。美国全国睡眠基金会的研究发现, The study found that watching television, playing video games, or checking emails before going to bed might be causes for sle

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Tender Is the Night - Book Two by F. Scott Fitzgerald Chapter 2 It was a damp April day, with long diagonal clouds over the Albishorn and water inert in the low places. Zurich is not unlike an American city. Missing something ever since his arrival t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

今天我们要学的词是double check。 Double check, 是复核的意思。The teacher told her students to double check their answers before handing in the exam, 老师告诉学生们,交卷之前应该反复检查自己的答案。They double

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

纽约市长又收两封恐吓信 内含蓖麻毒素 NEW YORK, May 29 (Xinhua) -- Threatening letters addressed to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in both New York and Washington, D.C., have been found preliminarily containing ricin, police said on

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(17) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是ample。 Ample, 是充足的意思。 The price of crude oil fell amid ample supply, 原油供给充足,造成价格下跌。 There is ample evidence that she is better qualified for the position than the other candidates

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Lesson 37 All About A Penny 第37课 关于便士 When I was a little boy, pennies, and halfpennies, and farthings were made of pure copper. But copper is too soft a metal to stand the rubbing which coins get. So these old pennies soon became so smoo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

President Vladimir Putin is planning a major restructuring of the country's security services that would effectively mean a rebirth of the KGB, according to a report in the Russian media. 据俄罗斯媒体的一则报道称,俄罗斯总统弗拉基米

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I get this feeling every year, the first days of winter Pull out that box of souvenirs, to read your old letters In that stack of memories, found a note you left for me It almost feels like you're still here I hear your voice in every word You told m

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

A last embrace, last words to say Before the war took their fate away Before to kill became his forced task And bleeding fields were covered with sins His wounded heart is crying out for home Away away my love to where all darkness will be gone Away

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Beautiful handwriting was very important in the 18th century. People took pride in the look of letters and invitations. Pens were made from the tip, or quill, of the feather from a swan or turkey. Good writing paper was made from sheepskin. Letters w

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: encouraging high school students to write about the issues they want the next U.S. president to address. RS: That is the aim right now of the National Writing Project, a federally

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Subject : What gives? 迷你对话 A: Jane, you look so sad. What gives? Jane, 你看起来很伤心。发生什么事情了? B: The manager said I was not qualified. He wanted to fire me. 经理说我不合格,要解雇我。 地道表达 What g

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Why are we throwing fire at an oven? Is this a poor people game? It's called, light the broken pilot light without blowing our faces off. Ugh. This is ridiculous. My heart is pounding. I didn't know baking cupcakes was an extreme sport. It's like The

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Letters that we don't send Say the things we mean most They remain inside us Haunting holding When I dream I can't sleep When I miss I miss you When I leave it always leaves me Wanting wanting Don't give up on me We may need a miracle Look at you The

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅