A man was complaining to a railroad engineer. What's the use of having a train schedule if the trains are always late. The railroad engineer replied. How would we know they were late, if we didn't have a schedule?

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Late for soccer Toot-toot.Tim woke up and looked out of the window. Oh,no!he shouted.It's soccer today!Michael's dad is here now! Tim opened the window.I'm coming!he shouted to Michael. Mom!Mom! Wake up! Help me! I'm late for soccer. Where are my soc

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 Cherry老师讲英文故事

DWANE BROWN, HOST: With all the news out of Charlottesville, Va., over the past week, late-night TV shows have stepped up their game to try to help make sense and nonsense of the news. Saturday Night Live alum Tina Fey stopped by SNL's new weeknight

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

A: Hello, Nicole here. B: Nicole, this is Richard. I think you know why I'm calling. A: Oh, it's about the rent. B: Yes, this is the second month in a row. A: I thought there was a grace period. B: There is no grace period in the rental agreement. A:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

Anelementaryschoolteacheraskedastudentwhyhewaslate. Hereplied,Anearbysignsaid'Schoolahead,slowdown , goslow,'sothat'swhatIdid. Notes: 1.Anelementaryschoolteacheraskedastudentwhyhewaslate. 一个小学老师问一个学生为什么迟到。 表示做什

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

09 Being an Early or Late Riser GLOSSARY watch out be careful; a phrase used to warn someone of danger * Watch out! Dont step into that hole in the sidewalk! up at the crack of dawn awake and out of bed very early in the morning * Shelby wakes up at

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

A: Hello, Nicole here. B: Nicole, this is Richard. I think you know why I'm calling. A: Oh, it's about the rent. B: Yes, this is the second month in a row. A: I thought there was a grace period. B: There is no grace period in the rental agreement. A:

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Hi, this is Nicole. B: Hi, Nicole. Richard here. I think you've got a good idea why I'm calling. A: Yes. It's about the rent, isn't it? B: Yes, your rent is late. This is the second month in a row. A: But I thought that I had a grace period. B: I

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Hello, Nicole here. Who's calling, please? B: Hey, Nicole. It's Richard. I'm pretty sure you know why I'm calling. A: Yes, a dollar gets a dime that you're calling about the rent. B: Nicole, for the second month in a row, your rent is late. A: I t

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Hello. This is Nicole. B: This is Richard. Let's not play games. You know why I'm calling. A: Oh, not again! You're calling about the rent. B: Yes, your rent check is late, just like last month. A: What happened to my grace period? B: Why would th

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Late in the afternoon, October Lights be coming on soon Late in the afternoon, a little older Be turning the clocks back soon But you can't turn the clocks back, can you I'm not a novelty You know every inch of me Please don't begin to doubt me Forge

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

A: I lost track of time, am I late? B: Yes. What kept you from arriving on time? A: My friend needed me to help him. B: I realize that everyone has emergencies; just get here on time from now on. A: My apologies. B: I appreciate you saying that and w

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: The Late Show With Stephen Colbert made headlines earlier this week. Vice President Joe Biden sat for his first TV interview after the election. It was a bright spot for a show that once struggled to find its voice. NPR TV critic

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

A: Hi, this is Nicole. B: Nicole, it's Richard. You know why I'm calling. A: Yes, I know. It's the rent, isn't it? B: Yes, just like last month, your rent is overdue. A: What about my grace period? B: Are you getting Alzheimer's? There is no grace pe

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Unit 54 It's too late. It's too late. 太晚了。 It's too late. 来不及了。 It's too late. 太迟了。 It's too late. 太晚了。 It's too late. 来不及了。 It's too late. 来得太晚了。 It's too late. 来得太晚了。 It's too late

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

The mayor was in a hurry. He was late. He drove his car faster. He didn't want to miss his plane. The traffic light was red. He went through the red traffic light. I'm glad no police are around, he thought. He heard a siren. He saw a red light behind

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

The bell rang. She was not at school. She was still at home. She was in bed sleeping. She stayed up late with her friends last night. They watched movies. Her school called her parents: Your child did not go to school. Mom was surprised. She was upse

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

美国灵魂乐歌手Toni Braxton ,曾获得6座葛来美大奖,7座全美音乐奖,她声音磁性、低沉、性感..从第一张同名专辑到最新发行的The Heat(热情如火),Toni Braxton在她七年的歌唱岁月之中,充满了无数的成就与掌声。除了林林总总的奖项与荣誉之外,她也是第一位在迪士尼

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Eric: Lets get a move on or well be late again! Carmen: Hold your horses. Im on the verge of being ready. Rome wasnt built in a day, you know. Eric: A day? Id settle for a week. Why is it that every time we have someplace to be youre always running l

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Dad: Where have you been? Do you know what time it is? Caitlin: Im sorry, Dad. I lost track of time. Dad: Lost track of time? Weve been worried sick about you. You were supposed to come straight home after school. Caitlin: I know, but Janet was showi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客