本单元是关于那只猫病了吗的对话 Helen: Hey guys, do you think the cat's okay? Alice: The cat? Seems fine to me. Why? Helen: I think we should take her to the vet. She doesn't seem right to me. Alice: She's fine. Helen: No, she's not! You guys never l

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Idiom: Matter of life and death (sress something important) 生死攸关的事情,极为重要的事情 Hit the book: can't wait to do sth 等不及去做什么 brazil 巴西 rude 粗鲁的 Sweden 瑞典 Switzerland 瑞士 be supposed to 应该做

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: On a roll 表示一个人在某方面取得进展,一切顺利 Hit the book: Caffeine Intake Stimulant Wreak havoc Spike Plummet Mood swing Crave Ramp up Trans fatty acid

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Old flame 过去的男朋友,女朋友,特指初恋 Hit the book: Nutrition Function Prone to Ready meal Consume Obligation Gluten Dairy product Allergic Intolerant

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Number cruncher在数学方面特别强的人 Hit the book: Scotopic Glossy Fluorescent Glare Cooperative Wiggle Squirm Squint Blink Dyslexic

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: No time forsth 对没有耐心,厌烦某事 Hit the book: Residential Zoological Botanical Creature Polar bear Seal Komodo dragon Reside Captivity Deny

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Neil: Welcome to another Real English programme from BBC Learning English. Im Neil and with me today is Yang Li. Yang Li: 大家好,在今天的地道英语节目中我们一起学习成语,是吗 Neil? Neil: Yes we are, and that idiom is pigs mi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

This boy is definitely not putting on a brave face Vicki: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Vicki. Chen Li: 大家好!我是陈鹂。 Chen Li: 在今天的纯正英语节目里,我们要学的是什么呢?Vicki? Vicki: Today's new expression is an idiom 'to

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

Sometimes a Chinese idiom has a perfect match in English, as I said in the previous column. And if you happen to know the English expression in question, translation becomes easy. Then, of course, you dont know if you should call it translation or so

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

1.Prototype 试制,样件 A: Are we still in the prototype? B: Yes,but we still go into production in three months. A:我们还属于试制阶段吗? B:是啊,但我们会在三个月内进入生产阶段。 2.Product specification 产品标准 A: How do we come up with product

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Idiom: Out of sight out of mind 一件事不经常看可能忘记 Hit the book: trunk Stick to Zorbing Odds Orb Downhill Ostensibly Volcano boarding Sinister Zip Withstand Residual

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Out like a light 表示一个人睡得很快,酣然入睡 Hit the book: Joint Ligament Be bound to Sprain Ultimately Alligator Smash Club Lacrosse Gritty

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Practice what you preach 言行一致 Hit the book: Audience Circumstance Proceed Resist Channel Suppress 1. If you want to talk (or sing, act, etc.), you have to breathe. And if you want to do these things calmly, you'll need to breathe diaph

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Pop the question ( propose ) Hit the book: Eatery Spell Scandal Culprit Statistic Patron Reputation Buffet Down fall Outbreak Restaurants, institutions, eateries, and home kitchens are all charged with one task. Keeping diners safe from food p

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Raise eyebrows 引起某人的注意 Hit the book: cite 引用 frequent flyer 里程的奖励,经常飞行的旅客 sit allocation 座位的分配 identity theft 身份盗窃 bin 垃圾桶 discard 遗弃 stub 票根 formulate 形成 facilita

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Put your/our heads together ( work together )Hit the book: Texture Scrap Intimate Infant Persistent Irrespective of Novel Hedonic To find out, the researchers set up a series of experiments that would examine what people felt when they touched

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Pull out all the stops ( try one's best ) Hit the book: Suck Skinny Creature Starved Whereas Scour Motivate Tummy No laughing matter Trophy Rigorous Skinny people, those who seem to eat tons yet never gain weight, are probably the luckiest cre

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Ride with the tide ( follow other's decision ) Hit the book: Emerge Yank Sheriff Excessive Toss Dismissal Attorney Suspend In the wake of Spark outrage A South Carolina police officer was fired Wednesday after videos emerged showing him yankin

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Idiom: Rock the boat ( interfere with ) Hit the book: Spring to mind Lord of the Ring Scenery Resemble Lashing National identity Wax and wane Bush walk Smug Lethal When you think of New Zealand, a few things immediately spring to mind: The Lord of th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

我们中国人常常用花瓶和绣花枕头来形容那些虚有其表的人,不过这样的形容词如果要说给外国朋友听,他们可不一定能明白。难道外国没有这样的人吗?非也。只是外国人不了解文化背景,无

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语