New Holiday Albums From Kelly Clarkson, Johnny Mathis and Others Each year, around this time, holiday albums fill the shelves of record stores and cyber music markets. You can always find classic Christmas albums from artists like Loretta Lynn and Na

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(295) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

THIS IS AMERICA - 'Snoopy House' Finds a New Home, and Other Holiday Tales STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we talk about holiday celebrat

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Holiday Stories of Giving; History Told Through Candy From VOA Learning English, welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in Special English. Im Christopher Cruise. And Im Kelly Jean Kelly. This week on our program, we meet some people bringing C

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(223) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

本单元是关于度假打算的对话。 Helen: So what are we all doing at Christmas? Tim, you've got a few days off work, haven't you? Tim: Indeed I have Helen, and I'm popping over to Poland for a few days. I'm looking forward to a nice cosy Christmas. Fancy

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Tablet Computers Most Wanted Gift This Holiday Tablets are the most requested gift this Christmas From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report in Special English. Consumer electronics once again topped the list of the most wanted gifts th

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

More and more students and teachers are taking advantage of their summer holiday this year to earn their driver's license in China. CRI's Li Dong has more. In a driving school in Chu Xiong city in Yunnan Province, the instructors are fully booked. Ma

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Official data shows China see robust sales during the week-long Chinese New Year holiday. Tourists visit the Ruins of St. Pauls during the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday or Spring Festival in Macau, China, 10 February 2016. [Photo: IC] Tourists visit

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

阿美参加了摄影俱乐部,为了参加展览,她让爸爸周末带她去京郊摄影,爸爸会同意吗?还有谁会一起去呢? Listen Read Learn May: Daddy, shall we go out this weekend? Benjamin: We can do it, if you want. But why this weekend? We planned to enjoy some drama an

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Holiday Eating -- Food for Thought 大饱口福,莫忘健康 Holiday seasons are usually filled with joy, laughter, and people enjoying each other's company. Another thing holiday seasons are known for, however, is eating. Every year, many American

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

By Faiza Elmasry The weeks leading up to Christmas make up the busiest shopping season of the year, especially for toys. But there are millions of children whose families can't afford a shopping trip

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--世界经济

UNIT 3 What Will You Do This Summer? Lesson 21 Summer holiday 暑假 What will you do for the summer holiday,Jenny? My family likes to go on trips in the summer. Last summer,we went to a lake with my grandmother and grandfather. I swam in the lake an

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 冀教版小学英语(三起)--第八册

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Billie Holiday, 1915-1959: The Lady Sang the Blues SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person important in th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Photo: VOA Ice. Snow. Flights canceled. Weather stalls travel in US and Europe Many people worldwide travel to family celebrations for Christmas and the New Year. But this December, getting to those celebrations requires a mixture of patience and coo

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Discounts Boost US Holiday Sales American consumers may be feeling a little more upbeat about the economy. The nation's Consumer Confidence Index rose almost 10 points in December to 64.5, the highest level since April. The renewed optimism appears t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Chinese Adopt Western Holiday of Christmas Christmas is not a traditional Chinese holiday. But the brightly-colored lights of the season are attracting a growing number of Chinese fans, who say they like the idea of decorating and giving gifts. In Be

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

US Retailers Gear Up for Holiday Rush The day after Thanksgiving in America, or what is called Black Friday, which falls on Nov. 25 this year, traditionally marks the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season. What retailers hope will be lusty

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

The Muslim Eid al Adha or Feast of Sacrifice holiday is celebrated with the slaughter of an animal, which is then shared with the poor. Elizabeth Arrott | Cairo 25 November 2009 Lambs for sale ahead of Eid in Cairo's City of the Dead, Cairo, Egypt,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

Every year, I tell myself that I won't procrastinate in doing my holiday shopping. And, every year, I end up with a shopping list as long as your arm and about 24 hours to get it all done. Waiting until the last minute means that I have to brave the

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

介绍: [英] holiday n. How many days' holiday do you get with your new job? 你的新工作有多少天假期? holiday v. 度假 My parents are holidaying in Spain this year. 我的父母今年要去西班牙度假。 [美] vacation We're taking

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

I've waited longing for today, Spindle, bobbin and spool away, In joy and bliss I'm off to play, Upon this high holiday. [Chorus:] And spindle, bobbin and spool away Oh joy that it's a holiday! The dirt upon the floor's unswept, The fireplace isn't c

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐