I attend church on Sunday every week because I want to worship God and receive spiritual guidance in my life. I usually sit in one of the middle pews in the church. One of the members gives the invocation, or opening prayer, to begin the service. Dur

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

1. smart card,智能卡。 eg:We encourage the use of smart cards for online payments. 我们鼓励智能卡在网上支付中的使用。 2. transportation,在美国英语中可表示运输工具,交通车辆。段中提到的public transportation表

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

First you had to learn to stand: a process involving constantly falling down, then getting back up. You laughed sometimes and cried at other times. Somehow there was a determination and conviction that you would succeed, no matter what. 首先,你要

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文励志文摘精选

We are here to announce the results to date, and I emphasize to date, of Operation Delego, a critical and ongoing investigation that was launched in December of 2009. This operation targeted hundreds of individuals in countries around the world for t

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(八)月

Shifani: Yes, exactly or anything that people called up and talked about. It was very childish stuff but mainly geared at teenagers. Todd: How did your parents feel about it? Shifani: Very proud of me obviously. At the age of twelve, their daughter w

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

265. He can't afford to lose W: He gets angry when he loses at chess. M: He can't afford to lose. W: I won't play with him from now on. M: This faulty move gave him a serious blow. W: He can't afford to lose. M: We should encourage him together. 266.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

Hello! 大家好 我们是戴尔老师Victor. Nancy. Today is 'National Day'. Happy 'National Day'! 'National Day' is when you celebrate the founding or the begining of the country. Now, in the America, Victor. We don't say ' National Day'. We say ' Independen

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语红宝书

Be thankful even with just simple and small things Appreciating something from others would mean a lot to them It is a sign that we are having them as one of the special entities of our life It would also encourage them to respect and give more love

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

BBC News: scientists have said Record-breaking speeds have been achieved during tests of 5G data connections. 5G网络到底有多快 Researchers at the University of Surrey's 5G Innovation Centre (5GIC) managed one terabit per second (Tbps) - many t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Smiles send us light in the darkness. Smiles bring us warm sunlight on a cold winter day. Smiles can break the hard ice. Smiles are like the rainbow. The rainy days end and the sky is beautiful again. Smiles show love and friendship. Teachers smiles

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. This week in the State of the Union address, I set forth my American Competitiveness Initiative. This plan will help our Nation to compete with confidence, raise the standard of living for our families, and generate new

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh. (Nod your head yes, up and down.) UNH-UNH! (Nod your head no, side to side.) Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh. (Nod your head yes, up and down.) UNH-UNH! (Nod your head no, side to side) Uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh. (Nod your head yes, up and down

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 Super Simple Songs 唱唱跳跳学美语

6. Who do I have around me that can help me? Dr. Maxwell said, A nightmare is a big dream with a bad team. 6.我周围哪些人能帮到我?Maxwel博士说,噩梦是大梦想背后却有着差的团队。 Whos on your team to support, encourage, an

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

3. Let someone know you are praying for them. I have yet to hear anyone turn down a prayer when needed. 让别人知道你为他们祈祷。我还没有听到任何人拒绝被祈祷。 4. Offer words of cheer for someone depressed, discouraged, or o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

However, over the last 50 years Thanksgiving Day has lost its original significance. 然而,在过去的50年里,感恩节已经失去了原来的意义。 For many people, it has simply become a time when families come together to eat turkey and w

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

热播电视剧《虎妈猫爸》反映了当今中国社会育儿、亲子的思想冲突。其实虎妈这个名词源于美籍华裔Amy Chua几年前撰写的一本书。此书一出,立即引起美国社会大幅反响和反弹。今天我们就来

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

LONDON U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and British Foreign Secretary William Hague say the United States and European Union will hit Russia with far tougher economic sanctions if it tries to disrupt next week's presidential election in Ukraine. Ke

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

[题目] Writes an essay, considering and assessing arguments for and against the following view: As reading is important for a good education, we should encourage our children to read whatever appeals to them. [范文] The famous English philosopher

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

[题目] Writes an essay, considering and assessing arguments for and against the following view: As reading is important for a good education, we should encourage our children to read whatever appeals to them. [范文] The famous English philosopher

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

Quentin Tarantino is an award-winning American film director, screenwriter and actor. He is known for his stylish and violent movies. He rose to fame in the early 1990s for his unique directing method that relied heavily on dialogue. His screenplays

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介