The Venezuelan economy is in free fall, with soaring inflation and severe shortages of food, water, and medicine. Political opponents of the regime of Nicolas Maduro reportedly have been subjected to imprisonment and torture. Faced with such misery,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(七月)

WASHINGTON, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. government on Friday refused to recognize the diplomatic asylum that Ecuador granted to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange as the Organization of American States (OAS) is considering convening a meeting on the i

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

By David Gollust State Department 03 March 2008 The United States Monday appealed for a diplomatic solution of the dispute between Colombia and Ecuador spurred by Colombia's cross-border attack against FARC rebels inside Ecuador. The State Department

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Todd: So, Jose, can you talk about the food in Ecuador? Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

UN: Ecuador Struggling to Deal With Venezuelan Refugees The United Nations refugee agency is increasing its efforts in Ecuador to help the government deal with a large number of people from Venezuela. The office of the United Nations High Commissione

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

厄瓜多尔地方选举 QUITO, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- The National Electoral Council of Ecuador (CNE) inaugurated local elections in the South American country on Sunday, in which voters will elect 5,651 local leadership positions out of 27,895 candida

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is AP news minute. 1. The strongest earthquake to hit Ecuador in decades flattened buildings and buckled highways along its Pacific coast. Ecuador's president reports that the death toll from the 7.8 magnitude quake has hit at least 233 people.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-04-20 Ecuadors President: Earthquake Recovery to Cost Billions of Dollars 厄瓜多尔总统:地震重建耗资数十亿美元 Ecuadors President says billions of dollars will be needed to help the country rebuild from the powerful eart

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

The mystery surrounding the whereabouts of NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden is continuing to grow. Disappointed journalists in Russia have been left empty handed, after Snowden failed to appear on a flight from Moscow to Cuba. We get more from CRI's

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Slideshow About 10,000 troops and 4,600 police were deployed to search for survivors following the powerful earthquake in Ecuador, with the official death toll rising to 233 on Sunday. 厄瓜多尔发生强烈地震后,该国投入1万军人和4600名

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

4名中国工人在厄瓜多尔爆炸中丧生 QUITO, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Four Chinese workers were killed by an explosion at the construction site of the Sopladora hydroelectric station in Ecuador, the Chinese embassy has confirmed Wednesday. The bl

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

厄瓜多尔总统内阁重新洗牌 QUITO, March 10 (Xinhua) -- Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa on Monday reshuffled his cabinet after his party suffered major setbacks in local elections. Paola Carvajal replaced Maria de los Angeles Duarte as min

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

QUITO, July 23 (Xinhua) -- Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa said Tuesday that his government will support Bolivian President Evo Morales on whether to accept apologies offered by four European countries that closed airspace to Morales' presidential

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

QUITO, June 5 (Xinhua) -- Peruvian Constantino Leon on Sunday won the 51st Quito-Ultimas Noticias 15 kilometers race, the most important of Ecuador, where 15,000 athletes from different countries participated. Leon, 36 years old, won for the first ti

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, Jose, can you talk about the food in Ecuador? Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The U.S. continues its cat and mouse game with the man who confessed to leaking NSA secrets, Edward Snowden. After spending the last few weeks in Hong Kong, Snowden caught a plane to Moscow this weekend, and he's believed to still be in Russia. But h

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Panama hats 巴拿马草帽 Hold onto your headwear 守住你的帽子 Ecuador makes them and wants you to know it 厄瓜多尔制造了这种帽子并希望你去了解它 HATS have been woven in and around Montecristi, a hillside town in Ecuador ne

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

A: Welcome back, soccer fans. My name is Rick Fields and, as always, I am joined by my com- mentating wingman, Bob Copeland. B: And were on the brink of soccer history today, as Ecuador and Brazil are tied one-one as we begin the second half of the 2

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Some other news. Ecuador has abandoned what seemed like a creative way to preserve the environment. The government proposed not to drill for oil in some untouched parts of the Amazon rainforest, but in exchange for its restraint

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

本期内容: Earthquakes wrought havoc in Ecuador, killing more than 200, and Japan, where at least 41 died and 11 were missing. Hundreds were injured in both countries. In Japan, 180,000 people are in temporary shelters and 300,000 homes are with

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读