1. A tanker carrying thousands of gallons of gasoline crashed on a northern California highway, catching on fire and causing a section of the highway to collapse. Authorities say the collapse could cause the largest disruption for commuters in the S

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Hi, I am Carl Azuz. This is CNN studentnews. We hope you enjoy the long weekend. Our first story today is aboutinfrastructure. The fundamental system that serve city, state or country. Sothings like power plants, roads and bridges. Part of this bridg

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(五)月

C:Listen, Sylvia, they're all living in cloud-cuckoo-land. I want to see Michael before we find ourselves on a train south. S: A fish eagleWhat? C: The Germans are itching to get at the Russians. France will declare war on Germany, thats what the Fre

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

The cormorant gives up for now. The bird has been foiled by the clarity of the water, the very thing that enables the manatee to thrive. The light through these waters helps plants flourish, and manatees are strict vegetarians. They can eat a hundred

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2009年

AMERICAN MOSAIC - New York Museum Show Just Crawling with Spiders Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. On our show this week, we tell play a few songs from new albums by Green Day, Mumford Sons and Lupe Fiasco. We also te

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The website WikiLeaks continues to publish confidential documents, many of them apparently obtained from a U.S. Army intelligence officer. Two months after the website WikiLeaks began releasing diplomatic documents,- many of them classified secret, e

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

A quest for honor becomes a test of friendship and respect for a Roman warrior and his slave in ancient Britain. The adventure set 20 centuries ago is re-told in a new film starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Bell and directed by Kevin MacDonald. Here'

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

文本: C Christopher Tietjens S Sylvia Tietjens S: Why are they all in...? What's frightening them? They're all in a... panic. C: Up there, look. It's a fish eagle. Not even on duty. Listen, Sylvia, they're all living in cloud-cuckoo-land. I want

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

It was field trip day last week for Robert who is in third grade. He was particularly excited because it wasn't going to be the ordinary kind of field trip that schools make, you know, to a park, or the fire station, or a bakery. It was to the town o

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

on a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair warm smell of colitas rising up through the air up ahead in the distance, i saw a shimmering light my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dimmer i had to

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美歌手专辑

A boy found an eagle's egg and he put it in the nest of a prairie chicken. The eagle hatched and thought he was a chicken. He grew up doing what prairie chicken do-scratching at the dirt for food and flying short distances with a noisy fluttering of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we continue our history of the American space program with the flight of Apollo Eleven. (SOUND) VOICE ONE: The launch of Apollo 11 A rock

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

Native American Carves Totem Pole for Washington, DC, Museum David Boxley is a Native American artist from the Tsimshian tribe in Alaska. He's a dancer, songwriter, and wood carver. More importantly, he's an ambassador for Tsimshian culture and herit

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Many analysts are now calling the fighting in Afghanistan, 'President Obama's War'. In this report from Washington, Senior Correspondent Andr de Nesnera spoke with three former senior US government officials about the Afghan conflict. Andr de Nesnera

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Digital Age Survivors, Japans Jazz Cafs Still Attract Fans It was never about the coffee. Long before customers had a choice of a double espresso or soy latte, Japanese flocked to coffee shops serving just a couple of kinds of beans, but an endless v

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

新电视节目探索人类大脑 In the six-part program David Eagleman demonstrates how our brains create what we perceive as reality and how what we are is a construct within the brains circuitry that is never complete. 在这档六集系列节目中

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: It is the era of social media, when we distill our innermost thoughts and feelings into short pithy updates and tweets. Which is why it was striking when Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently wrote a nearly 6,000-word essay about

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Voice 1 Hello, Im Rachel Hobson. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 2 Welcome to our l

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

On the morning of July 16, 1969, Neil and his two fellow Apollo 11 crewmen rose at 4:15 A.M. They had steak and eggs for breakfast, the same breakfast all astronauts had before a flight. The night before a special visitor had arrived for dinner to wi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

One of the best performing arts venues in the country, the National Centre for the Performing Arts, has been graced by some of the best artists in the world. But this year, ordinary people have the opportunity to bring their talents to this grand sta

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下