Andrew Smith was starting a band. He was a great guitar player. His brother played the drums very well. His friend was a good bassist. All they needed now was a singer. Andrew was going to hold auditions to find one. Andrew made posters. They read, L

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

Former Beatles Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney have reunited. Well, at least for a couple of songs on Ringo's latest album, Y Not. It seems like old times when you hear Ringo Starr playing drums and Paul McCartney on the bass for Ringo's Peace Dream.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It is a school day in West

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

迷你对话: A: Which school is your children in? 你的小孩现在在哪儿上学? B: She is now in a private school. 她在一家私立学校上学。 A: Oh, it costs too much. It's more expensive than the pulic school. 喔,那收费很高。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

When we think of Hadrian's Wall, we tend to think of the Romans rather like US cavalrymen deep in Indian country, defending the flag, peering through the cracks and waiting nervously for war drums and smoke signals. A place where paranoia sweated fro

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Swinging is an old Chinese game. Many ethnic groups play it and it is most popular in northeast China as a game for Korean women. There are many forms of swinging completions: singles, doubles and tea

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

当红电音舞曲歌手Ke$ha专辑《Warrior》单曲Die Young,这首歌一出便取得了持久的热度,不但进入Billboard前十,而且现在还依然高居下载榜前5的位置。 I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums Oh what

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

A: Im forming a music band. B: Do you already know how to play an instrument? A: Uh... Yeah! Ive told you a thousand times that Im learning to play the drums. Now that I know how to play well, I would like to form a rock band. B: Aside from yourself,

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

By Tendai Maphosa London 29 May 2007 The term world music is being used to loosely describe non-Western music that was previously described as folk music or ethnic music. Reporting for VOA from London, Tendai Maphosa reports world music also includes

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Mauritania's tourism sector has failed to rebound since a string of attacks by suspected extremist Islamic militants began last year. Workers in the tourism industry say Mauritania is safe enough, and that tourists should come back. VOA's Nico Colom

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

《All Souls Night》---灵魂漂浮之夜 歌手:mckennitt loreena 专辑:the visit Music and Lyrics by Loreena McKennitt Bonfires dot the rolling hillsides Figures dance around and around To drums that pulse out echoes of darkness Moving to the pagan sound.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Be very still, he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. 千万别动。他耳语着,好像我还不够僵硬一样。 Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. 他的目光从未离开过我的眼睛,慢慢地,他向我侧

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Topics: After school activities, ethnic neighborhoods in Los Angeles, nude vs. naked vs. bare, anything but Words: athlete coach tournament yearbook orchestra marching band speech debate choir ethnic nude naked bare anything but to contradict

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

By Barry Wood Washington 25 February 2008 Analysts say violence in Belgrade and the burning of the U.S. embassy there demonstrate the potential for ethnic conflict in the Balkans. The protesters blamed the United States and the European Union for app

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

今天我们要讲的两个习惯用语都是从音乐界流传到日常生活中的。 第一个是: pull out all the stops。 这里的stops指管风琴上的圆纽,用来控制琴上的那些笛管是否奏乐。按下 stops,笛管就停止奏乐

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

By Barry Wood Washington, D.C. 18 February 2008 The Serbian province of Kosovo, with 90 percent of its population ethnic Albanian, declared independence from Serbia on Sunday. VOA's Barry Wood reports that this latest break with what was once the hea

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Band Of Horses,驹之团,一只有乡村味道的独立摇滚乐队,音乐的旋律有清晨山中的凉爽,非常惬意、纯粹、简单又动听的独立摇滚风格,主唱的声音也很自然。 I'm coming up only to hold you under I'm

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

DAVID GREENE, HOST: President Trump regularly spotlights violent crimes committed by immigrants in the country illegally. His administration has pledged to deport more of these so-called bad hombres. That outrage is increasingly bubbling up in commun

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

歌词: i hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums oh what a shame that you that came here with someone so while your here in my arms lets make the most of the night like were gonna die young were gonna die young were gonna die young lets make

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲