CARL AZUZ, CNN STUDENT NEWS ANCHOR: Back from the weekend and ready to launch into 10 minutes of commercial-free headlines, including dueling protests, an Iranian announcement and one teen's push for peace. I'm Carl Azuz. This is CNN Student News. AZ

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

Fridays are awesome, even when it is our last one of this semester. I am Carl Azuz, and you are tuned in the CNN Student News. First up today, a quick check of our headlines. Strike is off, the judge says plans for a walkout by a British Airway's Cab

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十二)月

Should Lords block tax credit cuts? YESTERDAY Lib Dem leader and Labour's Owen Smith debate tax credits

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Rob: Welcome to 6 Minute English with me Rob Neil: and me Neil. Rob: Today we're talking about national independence - that's when one nation is free from control by another country. Neil, can you think of any countries that have become independent?

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Jennifer: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English, I'm Jennifer and with me today is Rob. Rob: Hello Jennifer! Jennifer: Now Rob, youre a man of taste - what would you usually wear to the office? Rob: Well I think its importan

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

I'm Carl Azuz. This is CNN Student News! It is my privilege to wish you a very happy new year. Welcome to our first show of 2011! We have 10 minutes of commercial-free headlines ready for you; they start right now! Now, before we went on Christmas br

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Adam Hinterthuer, Got a minute? Hillary is undecided; Obama and McCain both passed. But the scientific community is committed to staging a candidates debate about science and technology. They want

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Amy Kraft. Got a minute? Over the course of this campaign... A lot of people watch political debates on TV. Which means great opportunities for advertisers. But an ad for an island getaway or exoti

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Success In Debating and Business Over the last few weeks we discussed a method for teaching debate to English learners. Debate is a valuable way to practice communicating. It can also bring long-lasting rewards outside the classroom, especially for p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

模块(1) In recent years , xx has caused a heated debate on ( 1 ). The factors for ( 2 ) .First of all ,( 3 ).Then , there comes a case that ( 4 ). Moreover , ( 5 ) . Especially when ( 6 ) . Indeed, these unique points can be collected theo remi

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Remarks by President Obama at the 2012 Alfred E. Smith Dinner Waldorf Towers New York, New York October 18, 2012 奥巴马总统在2012年艾尔弗雷德史密斯晚宴上的讲话 纽约州 纽约市 2012年10月18日 Thank you. Thank you. Thank you

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

联合国大会开始其年度辩论 UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 24 (Xinhua) -- The 68th session of the UN General Assembly began its annual general debate here Tuesday. More than 130 heads of state, heads of government and deputy prime ministers will addr

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是truce。 Truce, 是停战的意思。美国民主党最看好的两位总统参选人希拉里.克林顿和巴拉克.奥巴马参议员最近在种族问题上互相攻击。但是双方都意识到,这种争执的结果只

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have agreed to vote on a Senate-passed bill that would avert the so-called fiscal cliff of automatic tax increases and mandated spending cuts. The Republican-dominated House will take a straight up-or-down

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Face Transplants No Longer Science FictionFull face transplants are no longer science fiction fantasy,a leading surgeon has said,adding that they are technically feasible but ethically complex.Peter Butler from London's Royal Free Hospital call

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

After watching Republican candidates spar in two rounds of debates, Democrats looking to become the next U.S. president got their turn Tuesday night at their first debate of the 2016 election campaign in Las Vegas. As the front-runner in the Democrat

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天要学的一个词是:marathon。 Marathon不就是马拉松长跑吗?没错,但是还有许多事就像长跑一样。美国媒体在报导香港立法会通过截取通讯及监察条例时说:那个条例 ...passed ...after a four-da

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 学个词

常用类型: 1.回顾当前形势,表明立场 2.阐明互相矛盾的两个观点,表明立场 3.提出问题并给于一个答案,表明立场 4.讲述一个趣闻,表明立场 5.开门见山,直接表明立场 6.引用谚语

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

A: And therefore, global warming is the greatest de- ception of the early 21st century. Questions? B: Uh yeah. In the lecture you said there s more evidence in the scientific record supporting global cooling? A: Well, yes, essentially, the historical

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

HARI SREENIVASAN, PBS NEWSHOUR WEEKEND ANCHOR: Joining me now from Santa Barbara, California, to talk about what the first presidential debate is NewsHour Weekend special correspondent Jeff Greenfield. Jeff, I'm hearing Super Bowl-esque number potent

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列