Baseball Has a Religion Too by Joe Williams There is a saying at the race track that you can't rule a man off for trying. I believe in this approach to life on this earth. I believe in God. I believe in my country. I believe in basic human decency. I

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

W: guess what? I've got great news! G: what is it? W: well, you know how I've been working at the Economist as a proof-reader, right? G: yes. W: well, the editor-in-chief heard that I had experience as an editor at another maganize and asked me if I

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Ann Landers, 1918-2002: She Helped Millions of People Deal With Their Problems MARY TILLOTSON: Im Mary Tillotson. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today, we tell about advice

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

看报纸不用付钱,这样的事情没有见到过吧,可是这样的新鲜事在这里却发生了,究竟是什么特殊情况呢? Listen Read Learn May: Come back. You haven't paid yet. Boss: May, just let him go. May: But he took some newspaper away without paying. Boss: I know. May

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Chinese medication 看中医。 My back was hurting.我的背很痛。 Mum took me to see a Chinese hurb doctor.妈妈带我去看中医。 The doctor said my back was hurt because my spinal core was inflamed.医生说我背部痛是因为我脊椎神经发炎了。 I'm not allowed to w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

I believe in honor, faith and service. I believe that a little outrage can take you a long way. I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in empathy. I believe in truth. I believe in the ingredients of love. This I believe. On Mondays we bring you ou

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

John Ydstie: On Wednesdays our business news takes a look at the workplace. Today, a perennial problem: when to put your foot down , say no to the boss, and choose life over work. That's one of the many questions Lisa Belkin explores in her column. S

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

On 21st century school edition Middle school boys and girls, good news for you. 21st century school edition, first started publication on Oct 25th 2001. It comes out every Monday. We middle school students are supposed to be the main readers of the p

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 高考英语作文高分必备

-It's all exciting to see a large animal in the sea, and of course, the turtles are very iconic species in marine world. And I'm surrounded around this life. Hundreds and hundreds of turtles are in the water column above me, passing over the reef's c

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2014年

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Take a book by Cheryl Strayed, the author of Wild, actress and writer Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding fame and the director of the Broadway sensation Hamilton, put them all together and what have you got? An unlikely off

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Note well, my fine Canadian, I went on, if such an animal exists, if it lives deep in the ocean, 请您注意,我又说,我的诚实的加拿大人,如果有这样的一种动物,如果它是生活在海洋底下, if it frequents the liquid

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Doctors from Otago University are planning an operation to help people who are paralysed. They plan to take nerve cells from the patients nose and put those cells into the patients spinal cord. They hope that the new nerve cells will make the old ner

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Therere flames from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island, joining together to create warm at this spiritual home of the Paralympics Stoke Mandeville. Our Paralympians and world Paralympians are now household names in the lives of many young p

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

daily日报 morningedition晨报 eveningedition晚报 qualitypaper高级报纸 popularpaper大众报纸 eveningpaper晚报 governmentorgan官报 partorgan党报 tradepaper商界报纸 Chinesepaper中文

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是freelance。 Freelance, 指从事自由职业的。He is a freelance programmer, 他是一个自由职业的电脑编程师。The newspaper is looking for a freelance writer for the column, 报纸正在为专栏寻找自由撰

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是 in the know。In the know 意思是随时了解情况。He's a political junkie. He even has apps on his cell phone about the presidential election to keep himself in the know. 他特别关心政治,手机上都下载了总

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Leading on news this morning:A series of mistakes and contradictions are making it harder for the government to sell its budget today. Prime Minister Tony Abbot is playing down suggestions that the government is considering drug test for the unemploy

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

今天我们要学的词是injury。 Injury, 伤病。 He sustained a foot injury during the first quarter of the game, 他比赛第一节脚就受了伤。 He is out for the entire season due to a knee injury, 他因为膝部受伤,整个赛季都不

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

迷你对话1 A: Dont drink like a fish. We will sign up for the university later. 不要狂喝滥饮了,我们打会儿还要报名了。 B: OK, this is the last cup. 好的,这是最后一杯了。 【地道表达】drink like a fish 【解词释

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Topics: Famous Americans: Eleanor Roosevelt; Renaissance fairs; admit versus confess; mix versus blend; chick flick Words: paralyzed to stick by (ones) side First Lady role newspaper column press conference civil rights delegate instrumental period c

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe