Birbal arrived late for a function and the emperor was displeased. My child was crying and I had to placate him, explained the courtier. Does it take so long to calm down a child? asked the emperor. It appears you know nothing about child rearing. No

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 英文民间故事

AS IT IS - Child Soldiers in Africa Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today we take you to Africa. First stop Sierra Leone, where the Child Soldiers Initiative is working to prevent children from being forced into armed military service. Next, to South Africa,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Wedding season in North India is a popular time to break the law. Child marriage is a union outlawed by the state and it's about to seal the fates of four youngsters. The Panjiya family plans to marry off two daughters. Thirteen-year-old Bendu and he

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

New Zealand will change the law to make it compulsory for children up to the age of 7 to sit in a booster seat in a car. At the moment, the law says it is compulsory for children up to the age of 5. Doctors at Starship hospital, which is the Auckland

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe, Thursday's child has far to go, Friday's child is loving and giving, Saturday's child works hard for its living, And a child that's born on the Sabbat

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

The world's very first Child Protection Agency was created in 1894 in the United States. What inspired it? 世界儿童保护组织 1894 年在美国成立,是什么促使此建立的呢? Private Fostering Yvonne: Hi, I'm Yvonne Archer, this is '6 Minute English' and Cal

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(616) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 Wee Sing For Christmas

She's got a smile that it seems to me Reminds me of childhood memories Where everything Was as fresh as the bright blue sky Now and then when I see her face She takes me away to that special place And if I stared too long I'd probably break down and

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – July 8, 2002: World Day Against Child Labor By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The United Nations International Labor Organization has launched a y

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Forty-eight-year-old Yuan Lihai is the owner of an unregistered orphanage that caught fire last Friday. She had been taking abandoned children into her home for 26 years. Most of the children suffered from congenital diseases, ranging from cleft lips

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Reporter: A universal two-child policy is expected to be passed by the top legislature by the end of the week as it concludes its latest bimonthly session on Sunday. The new rules would come into effect on January 1. Zhai Zhenwu, Head of the China Po

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

情景对话: Mitch: I don't remember this at all. Claire: Yeah, I skated away and called you a big baby. 今日知识点: 01、孩子气 Child(ish) 可以说childish,也可以直接用child. 例句一: You're mad at him just because he's mad

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

EXPLORATIONS - As Long as It Remains Profitable, Child Trafficking Will Continue By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Will Smith's New Album / Meet a Child Helping Other Children Deal with Difficulty / Popular State Park By Nancy Steinbach,Lawan Davis Broadcast: Friday, April 08, 2005 (MUSIC) DOUG J

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(233) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

Ah... ah... ah... Ah... ah... ah... A ray of hope flickers in the sky A tiny star lights up way up high All across the land dawns a brand new morn, This comes to pass when a child is born. A silent wish sails the seven seas The winds of change whispe

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Aphrodites Child,一支希腊籍合唱团,Demis Roussos是一位出生于希腊的歌手,在1968年的时候与另外两位音乐人vangelis和lucas sideras组成了Aphrodites child.Aphrodites Child的这几位成员均受过古典音乐的熏陶,

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Chinese lawmakers announced plans to eliminate the One Child Policy last year, replacing it with new regulations, which allow all couples in China to have two children. Now the impact of the new policy, which took effect this year, is already visible

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Beyonce重现Destiny's Child 献唱《Single Ladies》 2013 Super Bowl Halftime Show Beyonce不但强势联唱多首歌曲,更是将经典组合Destiny's Child重新搬到亿万观众面前,更是重现《Single Ladies》等多首经典!当完整

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

What is this about Where is everybody going What am I doing here Can't separate What I really need to know and What I just want to hear Maybe I'm alone Maybe everybody's lost too Looking for their own way out Maybe I don't know Maybe I don't even wan

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Song Qiuxia is a white-collar worker living in Guangdong province. She and her husband just had their little girl last year, and she is not enthusiastic about the new policy. I won't even consider having a second child! Raising a kid can be very expe

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台