??Where did we leave poor Joseph last week?Yes, in prison for a crime ??He did not commit. And Joseph was busy serving in that prison. The Lord was blessing Joseph there, just as he was in the home of Potiphar. ??One day Joseph met two new pr

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 少儿圣经故事

In New York, Food Halls Are Becoming Popular Food halls, where different food sellers gather in one place, are becoming popular in New York City. 所谓食品大排档,就是各种食物的卖家聚集在同一个地方。这种大排档的形式在纽

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Doll Therapy May Help Calm People With Dementia, But It Has Critics play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:38repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Fl

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

模仿文本:Hello, and welcome to Assignment on the BBC World Service. I'm Ed Butler. And you find me in Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, where these days, it's very much a numbers game. 译文: 你好,欢迎收听BBC全球服务《任务

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Farmer Jamie Butler is testing a new worker on his farm in Englands Hampshire countryside. Butler hopes the new worker will help the 180-hectare farm produce more wheat and not harm the environment. The laborer does not say a thing while inspecting B

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

moon river, wider than a mile i'm crossing you in style some day oh, dream maker, you heart breaker wherever you're goin', i'm goin' your way two drifters, off to see the world there's such a lot of world to see we're after the same rainbow's end, wa

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡最佳英文歌曲

1. Egypt's military leader says the army will not stand by silently watching the destruction of the country and the people. General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi says no more violence will be tolerated following days of unrest that left hundreds dead. 2. A yo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(八月)

1. The White House signaled Tuesday that President Obama would sign a proposed compromise on the deal to curb Iran's nuclear program. Cabinet members visited Capitol Hill to sell lawmakers on the details of the final deal. 2. Police say they are inve

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(四)月

1. Police in Ferguson Missouri continued their investigation into the ambushed two police officers earlier Tuesday. The officers wearing police lines outside the Ferguson police apartment were demonstrated together. Both officers were being treated f

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(三)月

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: In his second novel, The Hearts Of Men, writer Nickolas Butler explores what it means to be a good man in a changing America. The story begins with an unlikely friendship struck at a Boy Scouts camp and unfolds over three generat

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

文本: C- Christopher Tietjens Mac- MacMaster V- Valentine Wannop E- Edith Duchemin E: I'm not sure it's playing the game, Valentine, asking you to be here. If your mother knew... V: Mother wanted to come with me when I told her it was to meet a c

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

文本: Mac- MacMaster V- Valentine Wannop M- Valentines mother V: I must thank you for yesterday. Butler: Ah, Mrs Wannop, what a pleasant surprise! V: Mother?! M: Which is Mr Macmaster, the critic? Are you Mr Macmaster, the critic? Mac: I am Macma

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Black-themed Films Enter Hollywood Mainstream Black-themed进入好莱坞主流电影 From Lee Daniel's biopic The Butler about the African American butler who served eight U.S. presidents, to Steve McQueen's historic drama 12 Years a Slave, about fr

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

Its known as March Madness. That is the nickname for the annual(年度) mens college basketball tournament that decides the champion from among the United States largest [Division 1] colleges and universities. The closely followed tournament and why

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. An angry online posting from the 17-year-old who opened fire at a Nebraska high school is offering clues about the violence. Authorities say Robert Butler killed an assistant principal and wounded the principal before fatally shooting himself. But

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(一月)

Topic1 Security Staff on Public TransportationOn Wednesday, the Ministry of Public Security holds an emergency national meeting, calling for better security on subways, buses and other public transportation. The ministry also requires that security s

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Idiom: Read between the lines ( understand the deeper meaning ) Hit the book: Learning curve Nitty gritty Butler Inherently Batch Recruit Cater to Bewildering Joint venture Hygiene It's a steep learning curve for China's wannabe butlers. Before they

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Broadcast on COAST TO COAST: August 14, 2003 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- the sound of silence in American English. RS: If you're looking for clues to people's emotions, you could listen to what they say. Y

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

《Never Say Goodbye》歌词 - Bon Jovi Crossroad As I sit in this smokey room The night about to end I pass my time with strangers But this bottle's my only friend Remember when we used to park On Butler Street out in the dark Remember when we lost

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

说起管家,人们往往会联想到19世纪英国的贵族家庭。现在,随着中国超级富豪的增多,白手套管家这一职业在中国也悄然变热。 请看《中国日报》的报道: Specialized schools and institutes have se

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇