Day 2 abase降 altitude高处 ascend上升 alight落下 acme顶点 bounce弹跳 compassn指南针 climax高潮 decline下降 descend下去 enhance提高 democracy民主 gravity 重力 hoist升起 inferior差的 hierarchy层次 likelihood可能性 plummet垂直向下 radar雷达 pitch 投掷

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

Jana: Peter, you're from South Africa, right? Peter: That's right, yeah. Jana: I heard there's a lot of beautiful mountains that are famous for hikes. Is that true? Peter: That's true, yeah. Actually, I've been hiking since I was in elementary school

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Olga: Hey, Daniel, how are you? Daniel: Hey Olga, I'm fine thanks. How are you? Olga: Fine. Actually I have a favor to ask you. Daniel: Yes, sure. Olga: OK. Like my boyfriend and I are planning to go to Chile next month. Daniel: Really? Olga: Yes, so

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Cake Mixes And High Altitude Directions Look on the side of a cake mix box and you might find special directions for baking the cake at high altitudes. Why do bakers gave to adjust their cake ingredients when they live at higher elevations? Because a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

文本: Kate: So Max, can I ask you a question? And please be honest. Max: Absolutely, Kate. Anything. Kate: I need to find out if Nathan Prescott helped me... or hurt me afer that party. Should I go to the police? Max: If you do that, they won't b

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

图片1 attitude n.姿势,态度,看法,意见 例句:As you get older, your attitude towards death changes. 人随着年龄的增长,对死亡的看法也会有所改变。 altitude n.(尤指海拔)高度,高处,(等级,地位

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

In 1940, North American Aviation designed the legendary P-51 Mustang in response to the British need for a high-performance fighter aircraft. The Mustang featured the most advanced laminar flow wing and a ducted cooling radiator positioned under the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

A: I cant believe how bad the weather is today! B: Yes, according to the weather report, we will be flying through a pretty nasty storm. A: I dont really like flying in this kind of weather. B: It is normal to feel a little nervous about flying in ba

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Amelia Earhartby Linda BaxterAmelia Earhart was born in 1897, in Kansas, USA. Even as a child she didn't behave in a conventionally 'feminine' way. She climbed trees and hunted rats with her rifle - but she wasn't particularly interested in flying. S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

1. Intense thunderstorm swept through downtown Chicago Sunday afternoon, halting play between the Baltimore Ribbons and the Chicago Bears. Action was stopped for 5 minutes left in the first quarter. The stands were evacuated and players were sent to

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(十一月)

U-2 Spy Plane Still Flying High One of the oldest planes the United States Air Force still flies is used to carry out some of America's most sensitive and critical missions. Whether it's aiding NATO troops in Afghanistan, providing surveillance over

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

There's no doubt that a stream of giant bubbles could theoretically have sunk the U.S.S.'Cyclops'. Whether the bubbles were there or not, that's not for us to say. But I'll leave that up to the oceanographers. But could methane gas also explain the d

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

My crew chief said, are you ready? I said, Im ready, lets go. It was a very smooth take-off and I started ascending up, up, up. 30 minutes after take-off, Kittinger reaches 29,000 feet, the middle of the troposphere. At this altitude, the air is so t

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

今天我们要学的词是come into play。 To come into play, 意思是发挥效应,产生影响。在即将举行的世界杯中,美国队第一轮三场比赛赛场海拔都在四千英尺以上。他们为此提前两周赶往南非适应环境

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

boarding check 登机牌 plane ticket 飞机票 flight, flying 飞行 bumpy flight 不平稳的飞行 smooth flight 平稳的飞行 ramp 扶梯 altitude, height 高度 extra flight 加班 non-stop flig

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

本期内容: Rescuers searched for wreckage from an EgyptAir Paris-Cairo flight which crashed into the Mediterranean Sea. The Airbus A320, carrying 66 passengers and crew, disappeared from the radar shortly after entering Egyptian airspace. Greece

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Christophe: Hey, Aiste, I know you're not really into running, but would you like join me running a marathon? Aiste: Join you running a marathon? What do you mean? Christophe: Well, actually, next week I am going to run a marathon in Switzerland, so

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Sudden snowfall earlier this week blocked a national highway in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. The local traffic control department worked nearly 20 hours to clear the snow, and traffic in the area has now returned to normal. The snow started arou

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

年底啦,如果你在计划过年去哪儿玩或是明年的出国游,不如看看权威旅游刊物Lonely Planet推荐的2017年十大旅游目的国!这些地方,好玩儿、人少、又不贵!跟Jenny, Spencer一起体验吧! 关键词:

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Chinese Academy of Sciences successfully launched a new sounding rocket, Kunpeng-1B, in Hainan Danzhou early Wednesday. The rocket reached a flight height of 300 kilometers for the first time. Its arrow configuration of altitude control system and ca

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(239) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年