Three How often do you work out? 每隔多久锻炼一次? 1 Introduction A Concerning physical exercise, American men and women, boys and girls, generally fall into one of two categories. Many Americans are extremely over weight and seldom exercise. One t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离美语会话

ESL Podcast 1176 Limits to Advancement at Work Gloria: Did you hear that Manuel is quitting? He took a job with another company. Sam: Im not surprised. He came up against the glass ceiling and he decided to jump ship. Gloria: Really? I didnt know he

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之商务英语

In many countries, having a drink after work with colleagues is a popular way to relax: This kind of socializing helps us get to know each other and to build team spirit. To attract customers who are just getting off work, many bars and clubs have a

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语社交课

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Wee Sing America

12A Bully at Work GLOSSARY to put up with to take without complaining; to endure; to tolerate* Why do you put up with the childs bad behavior? bully a person who uses verbal (spoken) or physical violence to prove his/herstrength, power, or position o

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之商务英语

Doing Pro Bono Work Claire: Welcome to the firm. Are you getting the hang of things here? Jack: I am. I worked in another firm for two years before coming here, so I have some experience under my belt. But let me ask you one thing: Is the firm seriou

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之商务英语

Being Territorial at Work Andy: What are you doing? Sita: Im running some numbers for the new project. Andy: I thought that was Delias turf. Sita: Shes usually the go-to person for this type of information, but I need this info right now. Andy: Id be

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

Getting a ride after work A: Good morning, Personnel. May I help you? B: Hi, could I speak to Nancy please? A: This is she. Paul? B: Yeah, its me. Can you give me a lift after work? 下班后搭车 A:早上好,人事部。请讲。 B:你好。我

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Performing Poorly at Work Cora: Whats up with Rob? He hasnt been himself lately. Doug: Youve noticed, too, huh? Cora: Yeah, hes been missing work and letting things slip through the cracks. Ive been cutting him some slack and filling in for him, but

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

Idiom: Many hands make light work ( help makes thing easily done ) Hit the book: Drought Neighboring Question Community Fall apart Temple Leave behind

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

What would you say when you are under work pressure, stressed out and frantic or challenged and energized? There is very little physiological difference between the two, says a growing contingent of experts who claim works stress has an upside. These

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Peanuts is an example of a more traditional comic strip. Charles Schulz is the artist who created Charlie Brown and Snoopy the dog and all their friends. Charles Schulz died in two thousand. But the cartoons he drew are still being repeated. The humo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

The new family movie Ice Age: The Meltdown is written for laughs. But some people might also see it as a serious message about the dangers of climate warming. The film brings back the animated animals from the two thousand two hit movie Ice Age. The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Syrian Refugees Hunt for Work in Lebanon Near a construction site in central Beirut, Mahmoud, 20 -- he gives only his first name -- is selling bread from a bicycle cart. He fled his home in Aleppo a year ago as the uprising against the Assad governme

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

Dan Robinson | White House 02 April 2010 President Barack Obama speaks during a visit to Charlotte, N.C., 02 Apr 2010 President Barack Obama is pointing to the latest monthly U.S. government employment report saying it shows his policies are continui

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

HEALTH REPORT - How Antiviral Drugs Work By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A representation of how viruses attack a cell. Here is

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

Workers in homes for intellectually disabled adults are paid just $34 a night for sleeping in the IHC home. IHC used to mean intellectually handicapped children but now it is people with intellectual disabilities, adults and children. If adults canno

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

I was fed up with work and wanted the day off. I decided to call in sick . I wasnt prepared, though, to be peppered with questions . Peter: Hello, this is Peter. Is this Magda? Magda: Yes. This is Magda. Peter: Hi, Magda. I wont be coming in today. I

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

我们要给大家再介绍两个和work这个字有关的习惯用语。让我们先来复习一下work这个字吧。Work就是工作,或者是劳动。可是,今天我们要讲的习惯用语要在

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Rescue workers are searching around the clock for anyone still be trapped, 37 hours after a cruise ship with more than 400 passengers aboard overturned and sank in the Jianli section of the Yangtze River, central China, during bad weather. Many of th

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年