Principal: Well it looks to me as if we shall have to fit him in somewhere. What does Monday morning look like? Secretary: Well, Monday morning is extremely busy. You've got all the short list interviews. Principal: Oh goodness. And how long do they

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

THE MAKING OF A NATION - Americans Vote for Change in 1920 as Harding Promises 'Normalcy'By David Jarmul Broadcast: Thursday, May 25, 2006 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Spe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(五)月

幽默笑话:写作文 One day in class,the teacher assigned his students to write a compositionIf I Am a Manager. 一天,在作文课上,老师给同学们布置了一篇作文,题目是假如我是个经理。 All the students began to writ

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Top officials with the Obama administration are on Capitol Hill for a 2nd day. you see them there. They are answering more questions about the new mission in Afghanistan. This hour, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Defense Secretary Robert Gates a

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十二)月

The president laid out his strategy, but Congress wants to find out more about the mission. Right now, the Senate Arm Services Committee is hearing testimony in fact on Afghanistan. We listened earlier to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, we are now wa

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十二)月

1. Police in Los Angeles and Philadelphia raided Occupy protester camp sites, taking down tents and making some arrests. Demonstrators in both cities have been told to leave. 2. Herman Cain told backers he is reassessing his campaign after a woman sa

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(332) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十二月)

AS IT IS 2016-03-09 No Woman Has Been Top Role at UN 没有女性担任过联合国秘书长 International Womens Day on Tuesday is all about better education and better jobs for women. That includes one job in particular: Secretary-General of the Un

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

1. Im an office worker. 我是上班族。 2. I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。 3. Im happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。 4. I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。 5. Im glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

36In the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, this word came to Jeremiah from the Lord : 2Take a scroll and write on it all the words I have spoken to you concerning Israel, Judah and all the other nations from the time I began speak

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米书

美国务卿克里抵达俄罗斯 U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has arrived in Russia for talks on the war in Syria and other issues. He is scheduled to meet Tuesday with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow. Later, Kerry will hold a full

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, April 10 (Xinhua) -- En route home from his Asia- Pacific trip Thursday, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel placed an in-flight call to Ukraine's Acting Minister of Defense Mykhaylo Koval, reaffirming American help to Ukraine. According t

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

克里将访问伦敦 WASHINGTON, Nov. 23 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to London of Britain Sunday for talks about Syria, Iran and the Mideast peace process and meet with the Libyan prime minister, the State Department a

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The United Nations is expected to appoint former Portugal Prime Minister Antonio Guterres as Secretary-General Thursday. 联合国预计星期四任命葡萄牙前总理古铁雷斯为下一任秘书长。 U.N. General Assembly President Peter Thomps

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

厄瓜多尔总统内阁重新洗牌 QUITO, March 10 (Xinhua) -- Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa on Monday reshuffled his cabinet after his party suffered major setbacks in local elections. Paola Carvajal replaced Maria de los Angeles Duarte as min

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Key Sentences(重点句子) 886.How are you going to spend your weekend? 你打算怎么过周末呢? 887.Ill just play it by ear. 我还没有考虑呢。 888.Would you like to play tennis with me before going home? 回家前和我打场网球

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

prepare 是个常用动词,也是一个多义词。它既可以作及物动词用,也可作不及物动词用。为了弄清它的用法,现将它的主要用法归纳如下,供同学们在学习中参考。 一 . prepare 作准备;预备;筹

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

At a White House ceremony, President Barack Obama has praised the outgoing Secretary of Defense as exemplary, thanking him for the job he has done. When I asked Chuck to serve as the Secretary of Defense, we were entering a significant period of tran

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

UNITED NATIONS, May 13 (Xinhua) -- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki- moon on Tuesday announced that he accepted the request of Lakhdar Brahimi to step down as the UN-Arab League special envoy to Syria, adding that the resignation will be effective on May

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BOGOTA, Aug. 6 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Colombia next week to discuss trade and security issues with the Colombian leaders, Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin said on Tuesday. Secretary of State Kerry will come to

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天要学的词组是at the mercy of。Mercy这个词是指仁慈,但是at the mercy of... 是指受某人的支配或控制。共和党一位参议院在反驳民主党提出的要求时说,要是将美军从伊拉克撤出,...we'll leave .

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 学个词