This is Scientific American's 60 seconds science. I'm Ian Chant. Got a minute Secret identities aren't just for superheros anymore. Researchers have found that protein present in everything from amoebas to people is living the double life. Once it bi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Rats have long been guilty of spreading disease. But now they've gone into the diagnosis side. Because rats can be trained to spot tuberculosisand to do

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Seeing may be believing. But according to a new study -Excuse me, a bathroom? -Sorry? -Where, bathroom? -Boat room? Oh bathroom, on the left. Where was I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. A new archaeological find may signify one of the great leaps in human cultural and cognitive history. Because researchers have discovered a 100,000-yea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Food is the body's fuel ,now a study finds the amount of the energy in that fuel can depend not just on it's calorie content but on how it's prepared,and the research published in the proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences could explain an i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Einstein, Newton and many other legendary scientists did groundbreaking work in their 20s. But if your hair has gone gray and no Nobel seems likely, do

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But sometimes what makes you stronger can kill you, at least when it comes to blood clotting. Because

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Venice's Church of the Most Holy Redeemer has held a musical celebration every year since its construction in 1592. And recently, the church has inspired debate among historians: How could its echoing chambers clearly portray the complicated music pe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? (The) most obvious effect of birth control pills is, well...birth control. But the pill may have subtler effects, too. Like influencing which guy a woman goes

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

hwThe little black boxes in the aeroplanes provide useful information after a crash has taken place. Now researchers have devised a way to use black box info from planes that do not crash to prevent accidents from never happening. Some airlines alrea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

The little black boxes in airplanes provide useful information after a crash has taken place. Now researchers have devised a way to use black box info from planes that do not crash to help prevent accidents from ever happening. Some airlines already

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? I've always thought that when I get a fever, it's my body trying to make things uncomfortable for the invading pathogen. And that's often truehigher temperatur

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Youre lying in a hammock by a breezy shore. The hammock rocks softly back and forth. In no time(snoring). It turns out thats not just the relaxation of b

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Apart from working and sleeping, the thing Americans do the most is watch TVfive hours a day on average. But all that time in front of the tube may up your ris

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? When the internet first got kicking, some scholars of democracy and civil society thought that online discussions could create what they called a conversationa

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? The story is called Appointment in Samarra. A Baghdad merchant sends a servant to buy provisions. While at the market, the servant bumps into Death, who makes a threaten

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. The little black boxes in airplanes provide useful information after a crash has taken place. Now researchers have devised a way to use black box info

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science.I'm Cynthia Graber . This will just take a minute. (Chirping sound.) That may not sound likemuchbut its the loudest animal in the world. For its size, that is. Theinsect called the water boatman is two m

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

Imagine Van Gogh's paintings of yellow sunflowers. Now imagine the flowers brown. Eh, not so good. Sadly, we may someday see what that would look like. Because the bright yellow paints on the canvas are slowly turning muddy. Now, an international tea

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Many of us have plenty of leisure time to devote to trying out the latest Wii game or even watching others play poker on TV. But this focus on play is

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月