All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. 世间所有美丽的情感抵不过一次实际行动。(James Russell Lowell) 图片1

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.5

Muntz: They called me a fraud, those...But once I bring back this creature, my name will be cleared. Beautiful, isn't it? Oh, I've spent a lifetime tracking it. Sometimes, years go by between seeings. I've tried to smoke it out of that death land whe

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Russell closed the tailgate of the pickup and they drove to the dock. It was a cold day, and it was raining. They transferred the barrel into the back of Russells 25-foot fishing boat. The boat was named Staci, although it had first been named Kathy,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

The Gulf oil spill could lead to some serious public health problems, according to a new report released this week. As the environmental and economic disaster continues to unfold in the Gulf of Mexico following the April 20 explosion of the Deepwater

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks co-star in the American version of a 2008 French thriller about a schoolteacher who devises a plan to break his wife out of prison. The original was Pour Elle released with the English title Anything For Her. The Hol

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

In this report from Washington, Senior Correspondent Andr de Nesnera looks at Egypt's nuclear program and its stance on chemical weapons. With Egypt's political future still in limbo, analysts question whether Cairo's policy of not seeking nuclear we

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

科学家警告人工智能对人类的利与弊 From the personal assistant Siri, to doing searches on the Internet, to the autopilot function, simple artificial intelligence, or AI, has been around for some time, but is quickly getting more complex

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(五月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: And we're going to spend the next few minutes hearing about an African-American woman who would not let cultural norms stand in the way of her imagination. Her name is Octavia Butler, and she was a literary giant in the world of

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: The near-daily stream of revelations of sexual harassment has become a cultural crisis. So we asked one of our cultural correspondents to think about the place where many of these incidents seem to happen - the workplace, where p

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) DAVID GREENE, HOST: All right. Today on StoryCorps, we are going to hear from two brothers. Russell Wadsworth is 28. Remmick is 27. They both have autism. As kids, they had trouble with social interactions, and they relied on eac

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

NOEL KING, HOST: Literature often reflects the times in which we live. And there's a recent trend in literature for young people that deals with one of the world's biggest crises - the global wave of refugees. Now, books that tell the story of the re

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

William: Hello and welcome to On the Town my name is William Kremer. I'm standing outside London's historic Guildhall and I'm surrounded by hundreds of people. They're all about to do a ten-mile walk across London in the name of charity. But this lon

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Putumayo Records has come down with a serious case of the blues. Its previous releases feature noted blues musicians from Chicago, New Orleans and the Mississippi Delta, as well as a collection called Blues Around The World. The label rounds out its

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

篮球之神迈克尔乔丹近日作为拉塞尔威斯特布鲁克进入俄克拉荷马市名人堂的介绍人,在俄城发表了一通精彩的演讲。除了称赞威少的忠诚以及打球风格之外,乔帮主还暗讽了夏天刚刚离队的

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

篮球之神迈克尔乔丹近日作为拉塞尔威斯特布鲁克进入俄克拉荷马市名人堂的介绍人,在俄城发表了一通精彩的演讲。除了称赞威少的忠诚以及打球风格之外,乔帮主还暗讽了夏天刚刚离队的

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

这首电影《撕裂人》的插曲,给人以震撼,格兰特可能会把整个小镇的人杀光但却一直对爱妻下不了手。被他抓去后的妻子醒来后,看到墙上和丈夫昔日的照片,伴着充满情调的音乐,观众可以感觉到男主角还深深的爱着她,那种爱已经是一种升华,让每一位影迷都感觉到深沉的可

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I started actually from playing the video game 其实我是玩游戏然后开始学着做招牌动作的 and I started doing these weird celebrations and that one came about I told them start using that in the game 开始做那些奇奇怪怪的庆祝,

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

RUSSELL:Hi,Mr.Fredricksen.Its me,Russell. MR.FREDRICKSEN:What are you doing out here,kid? RUSSELL:I found the snipe and I followed it under your porch.But this snipe (鹬)had a long tail,and looked more like a large mouse.Please let me in. MR.F

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

I've talked to Bill Russell a lot 我和比尔拉塞尔交流甚多 About what you have to deal through... 都是关于他打球时的曲折 Deal with signing with the Celtics 签约凯尔特人 Being an African American in that city, at that moment

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Now that we're past Valentine's Day, we can tell this story about sharing. You know, people try to share things when they love each other, including passwords for their video and music streaming services. But what happens when th

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台2月