As we know, when senior students graduate from school, most of their reference books as well as their text books which are still in good condition are thrown away. What a great waste it is! I suggest that we should recycle these books. On the one han

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语易背作文

That evening Grandfather and the children went out to Tos Tacos for dinner. Grandfather parked the car, and the five of them walked two blocks to the restaurant. Look, said Jessie as they neared the restaurant. Theres Jonahs Jewelry Store. Its right

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Recycling programs usually give new life to materials like paper, metal, plastic and glass. But a program in the eastern United States is recycling shellfish to help the Chesapeake Bay. Oysters are

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Exactly how is that environmentally responsible? The problems start here with extraction and production, where oil is used to make water bottles. Each year, making the plastic water bottles used in the U.S. takes enough oil and energy to fuel a milli

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Recycling Plastics When plastic containers are recycled, they are first cleaned, then ground into tiny pellets and put into a flotation tank. This separates out the various plastic resins from other waste material. Once they are separated out, the pl

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

This is Bob Smith from Channel 13 News. I'm at the scene of a miraculous rescue that occurred earlier today involving a fire, a 3-month-old baby, and the baby's dog, Lucky. Uh, the fire broke out at the three-story building behind me. Uh, unfortunate

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Sammy looked at the pile of paper on the floor. Whenever he finished reading his mail or a newspaper or magazine, he threw it into this pile. This was his recycling pile. At the moment, it was almost two feet high. It was time to recycle. He squatted

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Todd: So, Eli, do you miss home? Eli: I'm missing home a lot actually, at the moment. I wasn't when I first arrived, because of all the excitement about being here, and everything, but since actually about a month and a half ago, my boyfriend came he

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A rubbish bin that makes you look twice. As you throw away your old newspaper, you can read the new headlines. London based firm Renew has invented these unique recycling points. Its bomb-proof containers have LCD screens on each side which show brea

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

By Naomi Schwarz Dakar 06 December 2006 Ndiaye Diop lifts her daughter over trash in Pikine, 17 Oct 2006 In the developing world's fast-growing cities, formal systems for managing garbage are sometimes insufficient. In Senegal's capital, Dakar, tras

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

By Ravi Khanna Montreal, Canada 24 July 2007 The recent Live Earth concerts (July 7th) were designed to raise awareness about global warming. But many critics have asked how environmentally friendly were the shows themselves? VOA Urdu service's Ravi

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Wastewater Key to Sustaining Life The world population is growing rapidly and is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. While efforts are underway to ensure theres enough food, one scientist is warning there may not be enough water. Professor Stanley G

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

South Korea Launches Initiative to Recycle More E-Waste 韩国努力回收电子垃圾 SEOUL South Korea is coping with increasing amounts of garbage from electronic devices, also called e-waste. To prevent tons of old computers, smartphones and appl

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

Enviropreneur Seeks to Save the Environment, Empower Community enviropreneur变废为宝,拯救环境 NAIROBI Lorna Rutto, a former banker, is now an enviropreneur - turning plastic waste into furniture and fences. Rutto discusses the challenges face

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

纽约垃圾何去何从? New York's population is almost 8.5 million people. 纽约人口近850万人。 And every day,every resident literally leaves behind a pile a garbage. 而每一天,每一位居民都会扔下一堆垃圾。 Where does much o

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – Energy-Saving Way to Recycle Bottles into Drinking Glasses By Gary Garriott Broadcast: Monday, January 17, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Report. R

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

In the United States, the fastest growing type of trash is e-waste: computers, TVs and other electronics. Because many e-waste components are toxic, many communities are striving to recycle them more responsibly. From Boulder, Colorado, Shelley Schl

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

Environmental experts warn that our planet is drowning in plastic. The worlds cities produce 2 billion tons of trash every year. By the year 2050, that number is expected to rise to 3 billion tons. The World Bank estimates that the largest amount of

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Rajid: What are you doing? Nicole: Im putting my garbage into the garbage can. Why? Rajid: Dont you recycle? Youre supposed to separate out your recyclables and put them in a separate bin. Nicole: I know, I know, but who has the time? I dont have tha

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Commentator: We hear it a lot in the news these days: Recycle newspapers and save a tree. Collect bottles and cans so they can be reused in the manufacturing of new products. Protecting our delicate environment seems to be on the agenda of politician

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择