SECTION 4: LISTENING TEST (30 minutes) Part A: Note-taking and Gap-filling Directions: In this part of the test you will hear a short talk. You will hear the talk only once. While listening to the tal

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 高级口译真题及答案

Well, dont look at me. I dont know why you leave things lying around if theyre so important. Janet thumbed through some sales slips as if nothing had happened. Anyway I need you to do those errands if youre going to be working tonight, Janet said as

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 72 The Mystery in the Mall

That evening, the children were in Jessies bedroom for notebook time. Notebook time was when they talked about their clues. Jessie, who loved making lists, wrote everything into her notebook. Talking things out always helped the children think more c

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

Oceans To Hold More Plastic Than Fish by 2050 2050年海洋中的塑料会比鱼还多 There will be more plastic than fish in terms of weight in the world's oceans by 2050, the World Economic Forum warned Tuesday. 1月19日,世界经济论坛发出警

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

41 Saving the Earth One day, I went with the group to a nearby river. We wanted to check if it was clean. We did many scientific tests to see if the river was healthy. Surprisingly, it was! We still, though, took any rubbish we could find out of the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

China has about one billion waste cell phones, with the recovery rate being only about 2 percent, reported jjckb.cn. 据《经济参考网》报道,我国约有10亿部废弃手机,回收率不足2%。 A man surnamed Fang in Shanghai recently sol

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

摘要:生活垃圾处理专指垃圾中由居民丢弃的各种废弃物(不包括市政设施与修建垃圾)的处理,包括为了运输、回收利用所进行的加工过程。处理的目的是使垃圾的形态和组成更适于归类处

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

offshoring n. 產業外移 Offshoring in the IT industry set off India's recent economic boom. 資訊產業的外移引發印度近來的經濟熱潮。 outsource v. 外包 The company's winning formula is to outsource all of its production. 該公司成

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语必备1000字

Recycling 回收利用 People make old things into new things, this is called recycling. 人们把旧物翻新称为回收利用。 People can recycle only some materials, such as paper, glass, plastics, clothing, computers, cellphones and metal. 只有

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第1册

AS IT IS 2016-05-23 Former Vietnamese Refugees Find Success in US 一越南难民在美国取得成功 David Duong and his family were rescued at sea after fleeing Vietnam in a small boat at the end of the Vietnam war. We almost, you know, died in th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-15 Colombia, Uganda Find Alternative to Plastic Waste 哥伦比亚、乌干达从塑料垃圾中获利 People around the world use disposable plastic containers for water, food and other uses. They are lightweight and useful. If not

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(164) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

South Korea Attempting to Reuse More E-Waste 韩国尝试重新利用更多的电子垃圾 South Korea is dealing with increasing amounts of waste from electronic devices. These useless or unwanted parts are often called e-waste. Tons of old computer

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Where Does NY Garbage Go? 纽约的垃圾去哪儿了? BROOKLYN, NY The population of our planet is growing, as are the piles of garbage that humanity is producing. But where does all this garbage go? It turns out that in New York City, trash is not

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Few inventions in modern history have been as successful as plastic. It's in vehicles, building materials, most of our electronic devices. We wrap stuff in it. Maybe we even wear it. Now a research team has tallied up how much pla

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

A: Can you tell me where we are supposed to take our trash? B: Put it in the dumpster next to that stairway. A: What day do they pick the trash up? B: They empty the trash every Wednesday. A: Are we supposed to mix our recyclables in, or sort them? B

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Reusing Metal Waste Provides Work For Many in Developing Countries By Gary Garriott Broadcast: Monday, April 04, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Repor

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

今天我们要学的词是make strides。 To make strides, 意思是取得进展。 The new coach has already made strides in his first week of coaching, 新教练第一个星期执教,就取得了显著进展。 The girl made rapid strides under

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

With consumers rushing to buy the latest gadgets, the problem of what to do with discarded electronic products is becoming a growing environmental concern. Although electronic recycling is not yet as popular as paper and plastic recycling, two Americ

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Neil: Hello, this is Real English from BBC Learning English, Im Neil. Helen: 大家好,我是Helen,欢迎收听地道英语。 Neil: In Real English, we look at words and phrases that you might not find in your dictionary. Helen: 英语是在现实

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Todd: So, Eli, do you miss home? Eli: I'm missing home a lot actually, at the moment. I wasn't when I first arrived, because of all the excitement about being here, and everything, but since actually about a month and a half ago, my boyfriend came he

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂