New things are happening in China as it moves into the future. This month, National Geographic Channel will report on some interesting stories of change. For a long time, Japan has been in the lead in making eco-2cars. Now, China wants to try, too. I

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

LESSoN NINE (B) TEXT B How Should You Build Up Your Vocabulary? Through Context When students in a college class were asked what should be done when they came across a new word in their reading, eight

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 自考英语(一)78讲

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文魔法师字源大挪移

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英文魔法师字源大挪移

AS IT IS 2016-08-31 Have We Entered a New Geological Period? 我们已经进入一个新的地质年代了吗? This is Whats Trending Today 现在是《正在发生》节目。 For almost 12,000 years, Planet Earth has been in what is called the Ho

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Ralph Waldo Emerson described language as fossil poetry. 诗人艾默生曾将语言描述为化石般的诗。 But before it was fossil poetry, language was fossil metaphor. 但是在它成为化石般的诗之前,语言是化石般的暗喻。 An

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 ap-, 加在同辅音字母的词根前,表示加强 appoint = ap + point(

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 pre- 前面,预先 precede = pre + ced(走)+ e 走在前面 v. 在之前

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 uni-一个 uniform=uni(一个)+form(形状) 相同的形状制服

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

未来的战争将不再是真枪实弹的战争,未来的战争将是科技的较量,战争爆发的场地是网络.... Dima: Hi, welcome to this edition of 6 Minute English with me, Dima Kostenko Rebecca: and me, Rebecca Byrne, hello. And today

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

To re-adjust means to adjust again. Re-adjust是重新调整的意思。 That prefix re, means again in English, usually. 前缀re在英语中一般是重新的意思。 To adjust means to-to move them so that I can see properly I can see into the mi

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

by Michael W. Flynn Hello, and welcome to a special joint episode of Grammar Girls Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing and Legal Lads Quick and Dirty Tips for a More Lawful Life. Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is illegal versus unlawful. Here's

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is illegal versus unlawful. Here's a question from Jed in Washington, D.C. From my seat on the bus, I could see a big sign listing things that were unlawful to do on the bus (such as eat, listen to loud music, etc.) I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

On a recent program, we explained that knowing just a few root words in English can help you understand the meaning of hundreds more words. To refresh your memory, a root word is the simplest form of a word. For example, two forms of the root for the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Everyday Grammar: Introducing Phrasal Verbs Welcome back to Everyday Grammar from VOA Learning English. Today we look at a very common verb form in English phrasal verbs. There are over 5,000 verbs that fall in this category. Do you know how to use t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is irregardless. Hi, Grammar Girl. I'm an English teacher in Boston, Massachusetts, and I am freaking out. One of my students tells me that irregardless is now a word, and apparently it's been added to some dictionari

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is hyphens. On Monday afternoon Pat was watching the cable channel CNBC and called me over to the TV because the hosts were talking about hyphens. Yup, in the middle of a segment on the economy, they started talking a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Key Sentences(重点句子) 94.Hello.Overseas operator. 你好!国际电话总机。 95.I'd like to make a collect call to Japan. 我要打对方付费的电话到日本。 96.Country co

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

unit 412 打越洋电话至澳大利亚 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Operator. A:接线员。 B:Hello. I'd like to make a call to Australia. B:你好,我想打电话到澳大利亚。 A:You can call direct if you like. A:如果愿意的话,您可以

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(202) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

What despair in those immovable inscriptions! 在这些似乎要啮蚀一切信念, What deadly voids and unbidden infidelities in the lines that seem to gnaw upon all Faith, and refuse resurrections to the beings who have placelessly perished withou

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记