PART TWO----THE SCHOOLGIRL CHAPTER THREE My First Impressions of School Finally, in the middle of January. I left Gateshead for Lowood School. Bessie helped me to get ready, even though I had to get up very early to leave. Will you say good-bye to Mr

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 简爱

听遍美国之社会新闻[5]:六名朝拜者在清真寺被杀Six Prayers were Killed in a Mosque Yemen: Gunmen have killed six people praying(1) in a mosque【清真寺】 north of Yemencapital Sanaa. Ten others were wounded, some severely(2). Reports say the shooting fo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 听遍美国

Bedtime Prayers Julie was saying her bedtime prayers. Please God, she said, Make Naples the capital of Italy. Make Naples the capital of Italy. Her mother interrupted and said, Julie, why do you want God to make Naples the capital of Italy? And Juli

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

Muslims in London Think of Trouble Spots at Eid Prayers Muslims from around the world marked the end of the Holy Month of Ramadan Tuesday, with many in Londay saying the holiday has special meaning this year because of the Arab Spring revolutions and

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Gloria Mengual was treated differently because of epilepsy; one day changed that On Friday mornings, we bring you StoryCorps, the project that collects your stories across the country. And today we will meet Gloria Mengual, who described one thing t

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

As many of you are aware, earlier today a number of people were shot in Tuscon Arizona, including several who are meeting at the supermarket with the congresswoman, Grabrielle Giffords. We are still assembling all the facts, but we know that represen

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

At seven o'clock the coffee was made and the pan was on the back of the stove, hot and ready to cook dinner. Jim was never late. Della doubled the watch chain in her hand and sat on the comer of the table near the door. When she heard his steps on th

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高三(全一册)

图片1 pray v. 祈祷,恳求,请 例句:They prayed that they would defeat their enemies soon. 他们祈祷很快打败敌人。 prey n. 被掠食者,牺牲者,掠食 vi. 捕食,掠夺,折磨 例句:Strong animals prey upon weaker on

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

The husband and wife wanted to have a baby. They prayed for a baby. God answered their prayers. The doctor said they were going to have a baby. The wife asked, How many? The doctor said he didn't know yet. The husband and wife were very happy. Now th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

歌曲简介:18世纪,爱尔兰饥荒不断,Kilkelly镇男孩,John Hunt离家去美国谋生计,但一去30年就再也没有回到故乡。后来,他的后代发现了他父亲在这30年中写给他的信件。John Hunt的曾孙Peter Jones在感动之余,用信的内容作歌词,传下了令人感动的佳作Kilkelly, Irelan

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Billy Gilman(小比利)是有史以来流行乐坛最年轻的少年歌手,12岁就以首张专辑《One Voice》创造全美百万以上的销售纪录。 小比利以其真挚的情感、 动人 的嗓音征服成人市场,而他纯真俏皮的模样也深深吸引人们的喜爱及注目。在2000年圣诞前夕,时任美国总统的克林顿

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By Phuong Tran Dakar 02 January 2007 Some Muslims without enough money to make the once-in-a-lifetime Passengers pack belongings for trip home pilgrimage to Mecca, in Saudi Arabia, travel to their home villages to celebrate the holiday of Eid al-Adh

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

In Vail Arizona, outside Tucson, a new school with a new idea: no textbooks, instead, every student at Empire High School, all 330 of them, has a loaner laptop for the year. While other students might read in books, Empire students will read on their

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Celebrations for the holiday Eid-al-Fitr in Pakistan are muted as millions of Pakistanis continue to suffer in the wake of the country's worst flooding. The heavy rains came to Pakistan just before the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, known locally as R

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Social media platforms can connect people across the globe - and terrorize people next door. Ricky Graves is a young man just coming to terms with his sexual orientation in a small New Hampshire town. He's tormented by a jerk named

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

【生词预览】 bedtime 就寝时间, Naples 那不勒斯 【笑话原文】 BedtimePrayers Juliewassayingherbedtimeprayers.PleaseGod,shesaid,MakeNaplesthecapitalofItaly.MakeNaplesthecapitalofItaly. Hermotherinterruptedandsaid,Julie,whydoyouwant

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Clergy Who Protested Shutdown Say Their Prayers Answered 抗议关门的牧师称祈祷得到回应 WASHINGTON While lawmakers traded recriminations over the government shutdown and threat of default, the chaplain of the U.S. Senate and other clergy

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

Sorry I never told you, 抱歉,我从未告诉过你 All I wanted to say. 我所想说的 And now it's too late to hold you, Coz you've flown away, so far away.... 现在想留住你为时已晚,因为你已远远飞去 Never had I imagined, (Never倒装) 我从未想象过 Living withou

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Three months had passed. It was time for Tony to visit his dental hygienist again. The visit usually lasted two to three hours. The hygienist always went through a list of questions about his health. Then she took his pulse and blood pressure. Last,

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Today, Christchurch held a memorial service to remember those who died following the earthquake on February 22nd. It was a public holiday for Canterbury so that many people could attend. The service was held outdoors in Hagley Park at midday and thou

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语