The families of those killed and wounded in Afghanistan this month allegedly by an American soldier have seen payout from the United States. Two Afghan officials say a total of 860 thousand dollars have been paid. But CNN's Sarah Sidener says there c

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(三)月

Volunteers Bring Music to Those in Need 志愿者把音乐带给那些需要帮助的人 Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. Im -------------------June Simms. On the show today, we play music from newcomer Cassadee Pope. We also ans

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

The Dow's off more than 200 points, more than 1.75 percent, sliding below the 11,000 mark for the first time in a week. Several factors are apparently rattling investors. China hiked its rates in an attempt to head off rising inflation. The close on

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

From NPR News in Washington, Im Lakshmi Singh. President Obama says jobs market is beginning to turn the corner, encouraged by the Labor Departments March report out today showing 162,000 jobs added to the economy. Thats biggest gain in three years.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Greek Finance Minister Resigns After No Vote 希腊财长在公投后辞职 In the news today Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday. His resignation came a day after Greek voters rejected a demand by international lenders for new fi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2015-09-19 New York Bakery Puts Popes Face on Cookies 教皇黄油酥饼 A bakery in New York City is preparing for the visit of Pope Francis by putting the face of the leader of the Roman Catholic Church on cookies. A lot of people are buyi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Good afternoon I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Pope Benedict XVI continues his tour around the US today. He held mass at Nationals Park the new baseball stadium in Washington. And e

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(四)月

Pull up a chair, professor. 你歇会儿吧,教授 Put it down, Pope. 珀普,把枪放下 No, I'm just getting started. Trying to give your kids a fighting chance. 不,我还才刚热身,正准备给你儿子一次难得的实战机会 That d

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

All right? Yep. 还好吧? 嗯 We ready? Ready. 准备好了吗? 好了 Dad. 爸爸 Matt, what are you doing here? You should be in class. Matt 你在这做什么? 你现在应该在教室里 I ditched when I heard you were leaving. 听到你要走 我

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

No congestion. 没有充血 His lungs are completely clear. 他的肺里面完全干净了 I know this is gonna sound weird, 我知道这听起来很奇怪 but are you sure Rick had cystic fibrosis? 不过你确定Rick得了囊胞性纤维症吗? Fiv

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

Well, uh, it seems to have settled for now. 嗯 它终于安静下来了 Might want to keep your distance. 你最好和它保持距离 I might. 我会的 Time for our patient's morning fix. 该为我们的病人做上午检查了 Meet me in the comma

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

I wish we had a bigger rocket. I hear that. 要是能扛个更大的火箭炮就好了。我听到了 Let's go. We don't have all night. 上,我们可没时间耗一整晚 You haven't said a word since you got on the bus. What's going on, Matt? Not

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第二季

Pope Francis says the leaking of sensitive Vatican documents is a crime and a deplorable act that will not stop him from moving forward with church reforms. 天主教教宗方济各说,泄露梵蒂冈敏感文件是犯罪和可悲的行为,这不会

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

双语精选:让你的婚姻更幸福

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley Chapter Eight - continued He opened the book at random. Nay, but to live In the rank sweat of an enseamed bed, Stew'd in corruption, honeying and making love Over the nasty sty ... The strange words rolled through his

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

His descendants, the Merovingians, had continued to take little bits of imperial territory 他的子孙建立起墨罗温王朝,并一点一滴地蚕食罗马帝国的领土。 until the year 486 when king Clovis (the old French word forLouis) felt

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

I just did that to freak you out.I'm sorry. 我就是想吓唬你们 抱歉了 Welcome to tonight's show.I think we have a great show this evening.We'll see. 欢迎来观看今晚的节目 今晚的节目真棒啊 走着瞧吧 What's that terrible to

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

今天学的词组是back. Back指人的脊背。比如, He woke up with a back ache, 他一觉醒来腰酸背疼。作为动词,back有支持的意思。在北韩核弹试验之后,美国主张在公海上拦截并检查北韩船只,但韩国表

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 学个词

Speaking of technology,the dating app tinder is in the news. 说到科技 约会应用软件陌陌上了新闻 You all konw tinder,right?Pretending you don't,ok. 大家都知道陌陌吧 装做不知道 好吧 The dating app tinder launched a premium

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

Welcome to the show.How are you Andy? I'm good.How are you? 欢迎来到节目现场 你怎么样 安迪 我挺好 你呢 I'm doing great.That's all we got.Good night.That's it. 我很好 就这些了 再见 到此为止了 It's important that you an

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀