Flightless Bird, American Mouth I was a quick wet boy Diving too deep for coins All of your street light eyes Wide on my plastic toys And when the cops closed the fair I cut my long baby hair Stole me a dog-eared map And called for you everywhere Hav

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-暮光之城

For some young women, their monthly period is more than just a curse. Its a real nightmare. When period cramps are incapacitating, so they prevent you from going to work, they prevent you from going to school. They require you to take medications. On

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Donny 在北京学汉语,他的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教他。今天是Jimmy要问的:别慌。 Jimmy: Donny, 大事不好了! Donny: What happened, Jimmy? You look terrible! Jimmy: 两小时后

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

A: Alright, settle down everyone. As part of this schools curriculum well be covering sex ed this week. A: Now I want everyone to take this class seriously, sexual education is very important and I want you to ask as many questions as you can think o

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: 欢迎大家来到这期的美语训练班! 我是杨琳! B: 我是Kat! 杨琳,赶快告诉大家咱们今天要学些什么! A: 好! 今天,咱们要接着去看看电子产品的发展走势,听听人们都有怎样的固有观念,学学

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美语训练班

Millions of gallons of oil were pouring into the gulf. A pipeline had broken. The drilling platform had burned and sunk. Workers had died. The oil flowed freely from the broken pipe. It was a mile beneath the ocean surface. The oil company tried to s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

By Carol Pearson Washington 25 May 2007 Women who do not want children, and those who do, are both getting new help. The U.S. government has approved a birth control pill that eliminates menstrual cycles, and it also has approved a product to help wo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Health Report - US Considers Approving Drug to Prevent HIV This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Studies show that a drug called Truvada can prevent HIV infections. The pill is taken once a day. Studies showed it was ninety percent effective

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Paul Sisco Washington, D.C. 18 August 2006 watch Oil Spill report A ceasefire in the Middle East is allowing officials to assess some of the environmental damage from the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah. Some experts say the long-term envir

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

Louisiana Oystermen Still Struggling Two Years After Oil Spill Nearly two years have passed since the accident that changed the Collins brothers' lives. We weren't rich like we can travel the world. But we weren't worried about [paying] our mortgage,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Cheaper, Safer Pill Targets Tropical Parasite Scientists have developed a new version of a drug used to treat leishmaniasis. The new formulation may help better battle this tropical parasitic disease. Leishmaniasis is transmitted by the bite of certa

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

By Melinda Smith Washington 12 July 2007 Alcoholism is a growing problem worldwide. The World Health Organization reports that alcohol causes almost two million deaths every year and results in physical disability or shortened life span for at least

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

High-Priced 'Pill Fashion' Causing Controversy play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0004:02repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. LAKSHMI S

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Real Time UK News: An electronic pill that tricks the brain into thinking the stomach is full could help tackle obesity. The revolutionary device looks like an ordinary tablet, but it is packed with cutting-edge technology. The experimental pill work

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

By Carol Pearson Washington 16 November 2007 November 14th marks the United Nation's first World Diabetes Day. It is meant to be an indicator of how serious diabetes has become. World Health Organization statistics show that more than 180 million peo

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

New Studies on HIV Treatment as Prevention 最新关于艾滋病毒的预防治疗研究 Recent studies have shown that antiretroviral drugs can be used not only to treat HIV, but also to prevent infection in the first place. Its called pre-exposure

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

According to Daily Mail on June 24, Israeli researchers have pinpointed a human brain region that keys in overcoming fear. The drug that activates these brain cells could help people face their phobias, from spiders to heights and public speaking. Sc

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

歌词: I know your insides are feeling so hollow And its a hard pill for you to swallow Yeah, but if I fall for you I'll never recover If I fall for you I'll never be the same I really wanna love somebody I really wanna dance the night away I know

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Topics: American Presidents: Theodore Roosevelt; The Folk Tales of Uncle Remus; drug versus pill versus tablet; pronouncing ?; engagement versus commitment Words: sickly disillusioned spoils system to declare rough trust canal at odds with folk tale

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe