THIS IS AMERICA By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, February 21, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to This is America in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. Today,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

It was a political night from the very start and that suited host Jon Stewart just fine. Jon Stewart: I do have some sad news to report, eh, Bjork couldn't be here tonight. she was trying on her Oscar

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

[00:05.57]轻松英语之旅 [00:18.88]It drives me up the wall! [00:31.06]Actress Zhang Ziyi, is now not only a household name in China, [00:35.90]but also the face of Asian cinema in Hollywood. [00:39.52]Although Zhang received praises for her wo

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英语之旅

SAO PAULO, Dec. 28 (Xinhua) -- Midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso has revealed his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side. I have always been ready to be the Selecao's number 10. Now, I am preparing myself even har

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Steve Jobs' life will be brought to the big screen by Oscar-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin in a movie based on Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography of the Apple co-founder, Reuters reported. 据路透社报道,奥斯卡获奖编剧阿伦?索尔

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

英语学习笔记: Golden Globe Awards 金球奖 Grammy Awards 格莱美 Academy Awards(The Oscars) 奥斯卡 Best Actor 最佳男主角 Best Actress 最佳女主角 Best Original Song 最佳电影配乐 Presenter 颁奖人 acceptance speech 获奖感

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

爱自己 浪漫的开始

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BEIJING, Feb. 19 (Xinhuanet) -- Nike and Oakley, two corporate sponsors of Olympic blade runner Oscar Pistorius, have moved away from the South African sports star, who is charged with murdering his model girl friend on Valentine's Day. KeJuan Wilkin

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) has chosen a total of 104 scores from feature-length motion pictures to vie for nominations in the Original Score category of the 85th Academy Awards, it was ann

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Its become conventional wisdom thatCannesmeans zilch when it comes to Oscar. But is it true? 戛纳得奖,就无缘奥斯卡,这已成一种不言自明的常识。但真的是这样吗? Look back at the past 10 years, and youll see that the Ca

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Jennifer Lawrence is the highest-earning actor or actress to earn an Oscar nomination in this years awards, according to Forbess magazine. The magazine, which publishes an annual list of the top-earning male and female actors, lists Lawrence as the w

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

It was no surprise in Hollywood last night when British actor Colin Firth and Israeli-American actress Natalie Portman took home Academy Awards(学院奖) for Best Actor and Best Actress. It was the first win for both actors. As the stammering King G

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In this conversation, Oscar Davidson, the owner of a chain of retail clothing stores, is talking to Kathleen Harbrough, his financial manager, about a big deal one of his competitors has just concluded. Kathleen: Have you heard the news, Oscar? The I

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

1. When I say I know you,I mean I knew you yesterday. I do not know you actually now。 当我说认识你的时,我是说我认识昨天的你。我不认识现在的你。--Kaishnamurti 克里什纳默尔迪2.Wonders are many,and nothing is more

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Hollywood is gearing up for the 84th annual Academy Awards Sunday. The prestigious film honors, also known as the Oscars, acknowledge the best in movie making, and golden statuettes will go to actors and actresses and others behind the camera. The to

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- Brazil coach Mano Menezes has left playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso out of a 22-man squad to face South Africa and China next month. Speaking during a press conference to announce the squad in Rio de Janeiro on Wedne

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Feb. 25 (Xinhuanet) -- American actress Sharon Stone won a restraining order Thursday against the man who broke into her home earlier this month, according to media reports. The man, 38, named Bradley Gooden, was arrested inside Stone's Los

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jennifer Lawrence is the highest-earning actor or actress to earn an Oscar nomination in this years awards, according to Forbess magazine. The magazine, which publishes an annual list of the top-earning male and female actors, lists Lawrence as the w

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

MICHEL MARTIN: Every year, tens of thousands of Central Americans from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador make a perilous overland journey to the United States. They travel north through Mexico to the U.S. border, riding on top of rusty cargo trains

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Beat one's gums 唠叨,废话连篇 在beat one's gums这个习惯用语里,gum这个词有完全不同的含义。它指的是人的牙龈。Beat one's gums,是从五十多年前第二次世界大战期间开始流传的俚语。意思是唠唠叨

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语