U.S. Restricts Visa of Nicaraguan Rights Abusers The United States recently imposed visa restrictions that will be applied to Nicaraguan police and other officials linked to violence that has left more than 140 people dead. The Nicaraguan government

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

Next, an editorial reflecting the views of the United States government. 接下来,是一篇反映美国政府观点的社论。 The United States has imposed sanctions on three Nicaraguan individuals with connections to the government who are invo

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(七月)

U.S. Sanctions Nicaraguan Officials The United States has imposed sanctions on three Nicaraguan individuals with connections to the government who are involved in serious human rights abuses and corruption. The actions were taken in connection with t

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(七月)

The government should offer internet access to all of citizens at no cost. 波波点睛: 题目大意:政府应该为民众免费提供互联网服务。此题较为简单,思路也有很多。波波建议选择不同意,即认为政府不应该

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

科学家解开鸟群秘密 How can flocks of birds, schools of fish or herds of antelope suddenly change direction -- all the individuals adjusting their movement in concert, at seemingly the same time? British researchers now have some insights int

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年8月

Business plan What should be included in your business plan? The following should be in my business plan. *Explains the product you manufacture or sell, or the service that you will provide. *Sets forth the qualifications and experience of you and ot

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语复述材料-第三辑

As a kindergarten teacher might say, sharing is caring. She might not mention that cooperation is also a great way to form a community and thus improve everyone's chances of survival. Humans aren't only ones to apply this strategy. Marine bacteria al

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is collective nouns, nouns that describe a group, such as family, orchestra, and board. Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga writes, There are around 200 collective nouns in the English language (1). Sometimes they take a singul

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

By Selah Hennessy Dakar 19 July 2007 At least two men, including a former army commander, have been arrested in Liberia for allegedly planning subversive activities against the state. A government official says there is strong evidence showing that t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

US researchers reviewing more than a dozen studies say a defective gene that has been implicated as a cause of major depression does not appear to elevate a person's risk for the mood disorder. The finding is viewed as a setback for researchers tryi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

Obese People Aren't Necessarily Unhealthy 研究称肥胖也可以健康长寿 A new study finds that it's possible to be obese and healthy. 一项新的研究发现,肥胖可能是健康的。 For years, we've been hearing about the dangers of obe

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Sex Workers Seek HIV Prevention 性工作者寻求艾滋病预防 A new series in the medical journal The Lancet says achieving an AIDS-free generation will not be possible unless the human rights of sex workers are recognized. Researchers say sex wo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

We might think perfect pitch is an innate talent. Well, a study in the American Journal of Human Genetics is providing some evidence for that. Perfect pitch, aka absolute pitch, is the rare ability to name or recreate musical notes like A or middle

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

The United States and European Union have launched fresh sanctions against Russia for its alleged actions in Ukraine. The US measures, including asset freezes and travel visa bans, will impact seven Russian individuals and 17 companies close to the K

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

Woodpeckers Drum to their Own Tune Humans can recognize each other by voice alone. I sound different from other 60-Second Science reporters, for example. In fact, lots of non-human animals, of all types, use voices to distinguish familiar individuals

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人2月

======== TEST 1 PART C 14-16 ======== 14. How does a person view the new culture in the first stage of culture shock? [A] This place is wonderful. [B] Everything is so different. [C] I want to go back

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

The last time I did get really drunk it did involve me falling about 6 foot off a wall, so I try not to get that drunk these days. Andrea: Oh my goodness. She got so drunk she fell off a wall. For most people its just another way to entertain themsel

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Learn from life生活教会我们成长 Widen your circle 扩大交际圈子 For some individuals, to grow older means to keep your circle of friends down to a few, but that shouldn't stop you from meeting new people. Widen your circle by allowing pe

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

To establish a more standard and transparent environment around charity donations in China and encourage involvement, the draft of the country's first charity law will be discussed during the Two Sessions. The country's first Charity Law-- a heated t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年