Many scientists say nuclear energy is our future. Many normal people arent so sure. I think most of us worry about nuclear energy. We hear on the news about the dangers of nuclear power. Many years ago there was a big accident in Chernobyl, Russia. A

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-N

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: We're now going to shift over to the United Kingdom, where energy use has been dropping over the past 15 years. But it's been a quiet victory and a mysterious one, as NPR's Camila Domonoske reports. CAMILA DOMONOSKE, BYLINE: Brit

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard is putting out a new call for stronger energy cooperation and defense ties with China. Among her proposals are potential three-way military exercises among China, Australia and the United States. We share inter

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Using Renewable Energy Carl: Uh! Whats that smell? Jody: Im working on my latest invention. Im turning our old food into an energy source for our car and our house. Carl: Why? There are already lots of types of renewable energy that power cars and ho

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之日常生活

A summary of the physical and chemical nature of life must begin, not on the Earth, but in the Sun; in fact, at the Sun's very center. It is here that is to be found the source of the energy that the Sun constantly pours out into space as light and h

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

Bill Gasperini Workers for a Russian energy contractor in Iraq are being pulled out of the country following the killing of two employees in an ambush near Baghdad Wednesday. The Russian government sa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

Jeff: So, you are pretty in tune with global warming. You are pretty in tune with the environment - conscious, environmentally conscious. What do you do to do your part for help protecting the environment? Tim: Yeah, well, I think I do quite a bit. I

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

US Energy Production Facing Limits of Water Scarcity Nearly all forms of energy production use large amounts of water. Coal, which generates nearly 50 percent of the electricity in the U.S., needs water for mining and transport, and to cool and lubri

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Earth Summit Strives for Energy for All Nearly two billion people, about one-third of the worlds population, don't have access to energy, according to the United Nations. At a preview of the summit, at the non-profit Center for Global Development in

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

US Energy Experts Learn from Japan's Ordeal Tokyo University earthquake researcher Kenji Satake explored the Japanese quake zone last year, after the initial emergency response had wound down. A year later, speaking at a scientific conference in Vanc

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Russia Re-Industrializes as Energy Boom Fades Post Soviet Russia is widely seen as an industrial rust belt. But here, in a new car making hub outside St. Petersburg, American car maker GM is investing to triple its production capacity. Romuald Rytwin

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

The eighth US-China Energy Efficiency Forum has been held in Denver, in the US State of Colorado. At the forum, both sides agreed that Sino-US cooperation is essential to the low-carbon and green development of the world. CRI's Guan Chao has more. Ho

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

The government hopes that incentives can help alleviate Beijing's worsening air pollution -- a significant part of which is blamed on motor vehicles. But most potential car buyers think the new energy vehicles predominantly battery driven ones -- may

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

New energy vehicles, or NEVs, are vehicles powered by batteries, hybrid engines, or fuel-cells. A total of 777,000 new energy vehicles were sold in the Chinese market last year, up 53.3 percent year on year, according to the China Association of Auto

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – Energy-Saving Way to Recycle Bottles into Drinking Glasses By Gary Garriott Broadcast: Monday, January 17, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Report. R

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

IN THE NEWS - Bush Proposes Measures to Reduce Energy Costs By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Saturday, April 30, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. PRESIDENT BUSH:

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 02 June 2008 Russia's latest struggle over control of a private energy company appears linked to state politics and differing views among foreign and domestic investors about profits and risk. At stake is the leadership and

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

Free Energy是来自美国费城的5人独立乐队,他们的音乐风格自由随性,曾被滚石音乐杂志评选为2010年最佳新生乐队之一。 Artist:Free Energy Song:Bang Pop Now I was super messed up Like it would never end Float

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

The State Council pledged that more battery charging facilities will be built, with the new-energy vehicles sector receiving increased investment and subsidies. Other measures include increasing the share of new energy cars in the public transportati

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

During the meeting at the Great Hall of the People, Zhang hailed fruitful China-U.S. cooperation on energy and addressing climate change. He said he hoped for closer practical cooperation in nuclear energy, power grids, clean energy and low-carbon ci

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年