[00:02.05]Relish the Moment [00:03.80]Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. [00:09.60]We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. [00:13.53] We are traveling by train. Out the windows, [00:17.04] we drink in the passing

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

US Christian Broadcaster Still Believes in Shortwave Since the dawn of wireless communications, international broadcasters, including the Voice of America, have used shortwave radio to communicate with the world. While many broadcasters now are switc

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Celine Dion is a superstar in both French and English. She is one of the most talented and successful artists of her generation. In May 2008, she received Frances highest award, but her beginnings were slightly more humble. She was the youngest of 14

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

I used to think that I could not go on and life was nothing but an awful song But now I know the meaning of true love. I'm leaning on the everlasting arms If I can see it then I can do it. If I just believe it there's nothing to it (Chorus) I believ

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(184) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

The United Nations Relief and Workers Agency says it has halted aid deliveries to the besieged Gaza Strip until the safety of aid workers can be guaranteed. The agency is calling for a permanent ceasefire. A Palestinian man carries flour at a UN foo

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

今天我们要学的词是helicopter parent。 Helicopter parent, 直升机父母?没错。Helicopter parents, like a helicopter, they hover closely overhead, rarely out of reach whether their children need them or not, 这些直升机父母,真的

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Bioengineered Spinal Disc Could Relieve Back Pain Researchers at Cornell University in New York have developed an artificial spinal disc that may help patients with chronic back pain and other disc problems. The spine is a column of bones alternating

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

EducationReport-NewSchoolTrainsinDifferentReligions 教育报道 - 一所新的跨宗教大学 This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Claremont Lincoln University in California is a new grad

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

By Roger Hsu New York City 22 February 2007 watch Hello Deli report New York City is known for many famous landmarks: The Empire State building, the Statue of Liberty, and Times Square. Amid all the hustle and bustle of the city is another landmark

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni met with top Egyptian officials, Thursday, amid escalating violence in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. Livni vowed that Israel would strike back at Hamas, because the situation had become unbearable. Egyptian Pr

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

Frustration Mounts As Somalis Wait for Famine Relief Humanitarian groups in famine-hit Somalia say thousands are dying while deliveries of desperately needed aid from big international agencies may be weeks, perhaps months away. The delays are adding

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Daily Life - Pizza Delivary (C0052) A: Good evening, Pizza House. This is Marty speaking.May I take your order? B: Um yes I'd like a medium pizza with pepperoni,olives, and extra cheese. A: We have a two-for-one special on large pizzas.Would you like

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

By Franz Wild Abidjan 12 May 2006 Local youths walk on oil pipeline belonging to the Shell Oil company in Nigeria Nigerian police say a pipeline explosion has killed as many as 200 people on the outsk

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

In an event at the White House on Monday, President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle marked International Women's Day. The president and first lady were joined by Madeleine Albright, the first woman to serve as U.S. Secretary of State, as they note

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

I wanna go to bed With arms around me But wake up on my own Pretend That I'm still sleeping Til' you go home I can't look at you This morning I should probably have a sign That says 'Leave right now or quicker' You've overstayed your time If I don't

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay says migrants often lose their lives when traveling in over-crowded boats or trying to cross remote borders. But what is happening in Egypt, she says, is different and deplorable. Her spokesman, Rup

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Jim: You know that religion is a taboo subject, especially with Paul. Why were you baiting him all through dinner? Tammy: I wasnt baiting him. We have very different views on spirituality and I wanted to discuss the subject with him. Jim: You were ma

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Order clerk: Hello, Torinos Restaurant. Nancy: Hello, Id like to place a delivery order. Order clerk: Can I have your address and the major cross streets, please? Nancy: Its 1212 Main Street, and the nearest cross streets are Speedway and Highland. O

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

you wont find him drinking at the tables rolling dice and staying out til 3 you wont ever find him being [w]unfaithful [/w]you will find him, youll find him next to me you wont find him trying to chase the devil for money, fame, for power, out of gri

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

歌词: I can beat the night, Im not afraid of thunder I am full of light, I am full of wonder Woah, oh I came falling under Woah, oh I am full of wonder Though our feet might ache, the worlds upon our shoulders No way we goin break, cos we are ful

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲