The exercise to do so much inform quality aside by a finger tips certainly make a tremendous difference,but do these new platforms of carrying or exsiting activities contribute to the making of the new opportunities created by the coming of electrici

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(219) / 评论(0) 分类 高等院校英语专业本科听力

Cambodian groups are asking the government to stop the controlled flooding of their villages as a hydroelectric dam goes into operation. The floodgates of the Lower Se San 2 hydropower dam are being closed and water levels are rising in Stung Treng p

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(316) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

China's clean-energy-generated power usage on rise BEIJING, Nov. 24 (Xinhua)-- Consumption of clean-energy-generated electricity has increased in China as it looks to become less reliant on fossil fuels, statistics from the State Electricity Regulato

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Copper 铜 What is the most useful metal? 最有用的金属是哪个? Copper is one of the most useful metals in people's lives. 铜是人们生活中最有用的一种金属。 Copper is found everywhere. 铜无处不在。 It delivers electricit

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第7册

Rwanda Opens Biggest Solar Power Plant in East Africa 卢旺达开办东非最大的太阳能发电厂 The biggest solar power factory, or plant, in East Africa recently opened in Rwanda. Solar power is produced from sun light. The plant is in Agahoz

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2015-08-28 Fighting Climate Change Important to President Obama 应对气候变化对奥巴马总统而言至关重要 President Barack Obama remains focused on the fight against climate change even as he fights to win support for the Iran n

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Large Windows Could Capture Solar Energy 利用大窗户吸收太阳能 Solar cells have been around since the 1950s. But now there is a race to develop transparent solar cell that can cover windows of buildings and still capture the suns light for e

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Paintable Solar Cells May Replace Silicon-Based Devices 可喷涂太阳能电池可能取代硅基电池板 Solar panels are manufactured in factories. Some of the devices are made with cadmium chloride, a substance shown to be harmful to human healt

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Unit 32 Getting a library card(2) 第32课 办借书证(2) The librarian is asking the borrower for proof of local residence. 图书馆员正在向借书者索取当地居住证明。 L: Do you have a current electricity or gas bill in your name? 图书

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语口语一本通

So the question is, what is the next big idea for this generation? 那么问题来了,我们这一代的下一个大想法又是什么呢? And I believe what comes next is for this generation to let go of fossil fuels for good, just as we did wit

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Hello. This is my first trip, first time in life I'm outside of the walls of Gaza. I'm so happy to be here. 大家好,这是我的第一次旅行,人生中第一次离开加沙地带。能来到这里我非常高兴。 My ambition always was to b

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

A: What kind of apartment would you like to rent? 你想租什么样的公寓呢? B: I'd like to rent a one-bed room apartment. 我想租一套一室一厅的。 A: By the way, what utilities am I responsible for? 顺便说一下,我要负担哪些

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

Language Points 1.Switch off anything that uses electricity when not in use. 2.Unplug devices when possible. 3.Trade in your dryer for a good old-fashioned clothesline.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Exploding Trees In a scene from Mary Shelleys famous novel Frankenstein, one of the characters watches as a lightning bolt strikes a large oak tree. The tree is utterly destroyed in a gigantic explosion. This might be good story-telling, but could su

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

More than 200 Maori attended the Waitangi Tribunal today to argue that they own the water in New Zealand rivers. They want the Tribunal to stop the government selling 49% of the electricity companies. On June 26th the government passed the law to sel

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Slum 贫民窟 People say that one billion people in the world are living in slums. 人们说世界上有10亿人住在贫民窟里. What are slums? 什么是贫民窟? A slum is a dirty, dangerous area of the city. 贫民窟是城市中肮脏、危险

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第12册

AS IT IS 2016-06-24 Solar-Powered Airplane Lands in Spain 太阳能飞机飞越大西洋后在西班牙降落 An airplane powered totally by the sun landed in Seville, Spain early Thursday after completing a 71-hour flight across the Atlantic Ocean.

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Photo: AP This file photo shows a technician walking along the perimeter of a nuclear reactor head at the Ignalina nuclear power plant in Visaginas, Lithuania, 15 Dec 2009 Lithuania's Soviet-built nuclear power plant was shut down late Thursday as pa

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Subway trains kill about one person a week in New York City. Some people accidentally fall onto the tracks. Some people get pushed. Some people jump onto the tracks to solve their money problems or their loneliness. Some people are so high on booze o

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Todd: OK, Phil, you've been talking about your trip to Asia. I have a couple weeks,so I can go anywhere in Asia, what do you recommend that I do if i only have two weeks? Phil: How much money do you have? Todd: Maybe $2,000, $3,000. Phil: If I were y

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂