Practice speaking English whenever you have time. Practice makes perfect, you know. 我很快洗个澡,然后让我们边喝咖啡边谈。 I'll take a quick shower,after that,let's talk over a cup of coffee. 也许我们可以请Carl叔叔来修车。

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳标准美语

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Dave Irvine-Halliday in Mexico More than one and a half billion people around the world live without electricity. Finding better ways to bring light to the poor is the goal of researchers like David

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

Lesson 117 What do you want me to do? Father: Will you turn off the electricity for me please, Sue? I want to change this lamp. Sue: Shall I push up this switch, dad? Father: Yes please, Sue. Mother: Sue! Sue: Yes, mum? Mother: Come here please. Mot

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年1月

It's a common enough sound in summer, after the wind finally picks up on a hot and humid afternoon, as the rain starts spattering down in big, fat drops--you're in for a full-blown thunderstorm. It's much less common in winter, even during a snow sto

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

There are many people who say Thomas Edison single-handedly invented the twentieth century. Although there are those who may disagree, one thing cannot be denied: Edison was a genius, and his inventions greatly affected the development of modern soci

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Energy from sunlight is now providing electricity to Syrian refugees at a camp in Jordan. The Azraq camp is the first in the world to completely operate on clean energy, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency, or UNHCR. The new power center u

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Our Making a Different report tonight is how Brothers are going green, a little bit at a time, by transforming an American tradition. Here is NBCs Roger ONeil down on the farm in Wisconsin. Making fine Wisconsin cheese drives the economic engine of

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Anne Muir. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 On the 7th of January 1943, an old

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

320. Treaty with Great Britain, 1842. 320.与大不列颠签订条约(1842年) Perhaps the most important event of Tyler's administration was the signing of the Treaty of 1842 with Great Britain. 也许泰勒政府最重要的一件事是1842年与

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

1. Which statement is NOT true about the apartment for rent? A. It includes a washer and a dryer. B. The apartment is partially furnished. C. The rent is over $900 a month. 2. What utilities are included in the rent? A. gas and water B. electricity a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

模仿文本:Take the relationship between the world's second biggest mining company Rio Tinto and the government of Mongolia. In the last few years, Rio Tinto has spent over $6 billion building a vast copper mine way out in the Gobi desert. It's d

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

《Come Home Safely》,Lets Go Sailing乐队的一首歌,选自专辑《The Chaos In Order》。一个网友听这首歌时说:如果这次我痛了,我将再不懂深情,再不会深情,再不信深情,再不待见深情的自己。 其实

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

China has helped Myanmar to restore its power supply, providing it with specialized equipment that's worth about 36 million yuan. A handover ceremony was held, as the first batch arrived in the country. All of the equipment will be handed over by Jun

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

It was the summer of 1878. Tom had been working hard for a long time. He was thinking about taking a vacation. Then a friend invited him to join a group of scientists. They were traveling by train to Wyoming to see an eclipse of the sun. Tom decided

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Language Points A: Are you ok? You seem a bit anxious. B: Yeah I'm OK, I have been having alot of mood swings lately. I think it has to do with the pills my doctor prescribed that are causing chaos on my hormones. anxious:焦虑 mood swings: 情绪波

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

They were talking about the small office refrigerator. She said, The boss likes it because it probably saves him a dollar a month in electricity. He said, The real reason is that he doesn't want everyone bringing their lunch to work. The smaller the

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Hydrogen and Industries Hydrogen,the lightest and simplest of the elements, has several properties that make it valuable for many industries. It releases more heat per unit of weight than any other fuel.In rocket engines, tons of hydrogen and oxygen

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

What is the difference between apples and sugar? What is the difference between light-bulbs and electricity? What is the difference between trees and rain? What do you think? Do you give up? Shall I tell you? The difference between apples and sugar i

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Have a seat.That's lovely,thank you very much 请坐 真好 谢谢大家 Thank you for it,I say right back at you,thank you so much for being here 谢谢你们 掌声和欢呼如数奉还给你们 谢谢你们来到现场 How's that you feeling,good.

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

新GRE阅读难点之分词作状语结构 GRE阅读文章中分词通常有现在分词和过去分词两种,他们在文中,不仅可以作为形用词,而且还能像副词短语那样,说明动词或表达某个整句要表达的概念。例

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语