These 1)skyscrapers are built of mud there in the Yemen. They're over 400 years old. The reason they're so tightly packed together is not because of the cost of 2)real estate, it's a protection agains

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

Jackie: Hello and welcome to People and Places with bbclearningenglish.com and me, Jackie Dalton. Food and eating habits are a big issue in Britain at the moment everyone seems to be worrying that the nation is getting too fat and people dont know ho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

Barbecue: An American Food Tradition For some Americans, summertime means visiting the beaches or national parks. For others, it means attending baseball games. And for many, it means cooking, eating, and generally enjoying American barbecue. Barbecu

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Eve and Adam are talking. E: Do you know I've put on 5 kilos since going out with you? A: Why's that? E: You're always taking me to fancy restaurants. A: Well, you don't have to eat so much when we ea

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

A: What's for dinner tonight? B: What are you planning on cooking? A: I'm not making anything. B: If you plan on eating, you are. A: What am I supposed to cook? B: What do you feel like having? A: I want some chicken and potatoes. B: That sounds real

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Most large animals have to chew food extensively and form it into a mushy ball that's easy to swallow. Cooking makes a huge differenceit softens the food and dramatically reduces eating time. Researchers calculated that if we lived like our non-cooki

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Unit 17 When you have to fry ,use an oil spray. Unit 17 如果你必须油炸食物,使用喷油罐吧 When homemaker Martha Dorn can't help but fry something like sunny一side up eggs - she uses a cooking spray instead of butter or oil. 玛莎多恩是

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题

I think being a housewife is a very demanding job. Most housewives have a lot to do, especially if they have children. Of course, some have an easy time because they have a maid or a tiny house. Most housewives though are working pretty much from the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

A burner, burner, is where the fire or the heat comes on a stove. 火和热都是经过燃烧器(burner)从炉子里出来的。 The stove, or stovetop, is the part of the machine in your kitchen where you can cook food. 炉子,或者说灶台,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL露西的一天

Todd: OK, Nicoleta I am going to ask you questions about your kitchen. Nicoleta: Mm-hm. Todd: OK, first of all, what do you do in your kitchen? Nicoleta: Cooking mostly. Todd: Yeah, OK. At your home, back in Germany, who cooks at your house? Nicoleta

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Cynthia Graber. Thisll just take a minute. Heres a strange tale of two previously unrelated food products. First: chitlins, that delicacy of fried pig large intestines. Theyre well-loved throughout t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Make yourself useful让你有用起来的意思。 例句: Make yourself useful, ok? Go clean the garage 你能不能不闲着,把车库打扫一下。 I visit my friend and shes cooking dinner for me. So I ask her, Well Leez, can I make myself u

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Todd: OK, Nicoleta I am going to ask you questions about your kitchen. Nicoleta: Mm-hm. Todd: OK, first of all, what do you do in your kitchen? Nicoleta: Cooking mostly. Todd: Yeah, OK. At your home, back in Germany, who cooks at your house? Nicoleta

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Forget school dinners of lumpy mashed potato, grey mince and mushy carrots. The pupils of Loreto High School certainly have. These days, thanks to a MasterChef in the school kitchen, they enjoy fresh-caught mackerel with beetroot and kale salad, or T

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and cont

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Everyone who has eaten instant noodles before knows how it looks like. It is very easy to cook it instantly by putting the noodles into the boiling water and add in those MSG packets, together with your other ingredients like eggs or vegetables. Howe

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Subject: Come on, you are pulling my leg! 第一、迷你对话 A: I want to buy some cooking set. 我想买那套餐具。 B: Come on, you are pulling my leg! 算了吧,你在跟我开玩笑。 第二、地道表达 pull ones leg 1. 解词释义 P

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

英语学习笔记: dip v. 下沉,倾斜 ;n.浸渍,蘸湿 dip one's toes into sth. 要做的这件事情,有一点慌张,没什么把握 go for a dip 去洗澡、游泳 dip in 浸入;分享 dip out 不能参与某个事情 I have been d

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

《美食总动员》是2007年一部由皮克斯动画制作室制作、华特迪士尼影片出版的动画电影。小米这只灰色的小老鼠是《料理鼠王》的主角,他与众不同,一心想成为一个大厨,像他的偶像厨神那

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

get the hang of something 掌握某事的诀窍 I'm just starting to get the hang of driving. 我慢慢的掌握了开车的要领。 My goal this year is to get the hang of cooking. 我今年的目标就是学会做饭。 A:Hey,I heard you just boug

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语