The health care debate in the United States is far from over despite the passage of health care legislation. Studies show about half of Americans lack confidence in their health care system. Others are pushing for a repeal of the health care legislat

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: Carrie Fisher died this morning at the age of 60. She had suffered a heart attack Friday while she was onboard a flight from London to Los Angeles. Fisher was an actress and a writer. She was best known by far for her role as Pri

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: When I was a kid, my understanding of the seasons was that December and January were cold and covered with snow. 在我小时候,我对季节的理解就是十二月和一月份很冷,白雪覆

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Jessica看到同事Claire情绪很低落。 Jessica: Hey Claire, you look sad. What's up? Claire: I guess I am a bit depressed. J: Having a bad hair day? C: (Chuckle) No, that' not it. J: Come on. You can confide in me. I know how to keep a secret. C

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Unit 26 Friends Bring Happiness We sit around the rough wooden table in the summer cabin for a class reunion. About 15 men and women who have one thing in common: we all went to elementary school together. A classmate sums it up. What's most importan

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

U.S. Teens Simulate International Debate at Model U.N. Conference in Washington D.C. 美国青少年在华盛顿“联合国模式”会议中模拟国际争端 The so-called

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--文化教育动态

Tips for Work Know what you believe in and stick to it. Nothing loses you respect quicker than inconsistency. Keep your distance. Be friendly but not over familiar. Don't confide intimate details. Keep your own counsel. Don't share all your dilemmas

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

Asian and European leaders are meeting in the Chinese capital to discuss ways to increase confidence in world markets. Chinese President Hu Jintao has said uncertainties and instability are increasing in China's economy as a result of the global fin

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)