My aunt died back in about 2003. She was eighty-four and so was my uncle. When she passed he was devastated. They had been married for over 60 years. We expected him to pass on quickly after she died. He attended his church more frequently and his mo

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们要学的词是polygamy。 Polygamy, 是一夫多妻。提到一夫多妻制,大家都会想起摩门教。The Mormon Church disavowed polygamy more than a century ago, 其实,摩门教会早在一百多年前就放弃了一夫多妻制

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Where is the tourist information office? 在哪里有旅游信息中心? Do you have a sightseeing brochure for this town? 在这个镇上有观光手册吗? Do you have a free city map? 你有免费的城市地图吗? Id like a bus route map 我

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

First Puffy takes everything I earned, now Instagram Said the Harlem World rapper in a heart felt Instagram message before deleting his page and later deleting himself from earth. 就在他删除了自己的主页之前,《Harlem World》的黑人说

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今天我们来看一下公司常用告示:歇业的写法。 歇业 Discontinuation of business Dear Mr / Ms, With the demolition of our premises at the above address under a redevelopment scheme, the part of our business carried on there will be

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I'm chasing down a memory Of the way that things used to be Kids playing underneath and old street light Knowing they were safe when they laid down at night I'm looking for something I ain't seen in a while I'm looking for a factory Where a man can f

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

1. Fire crews in California are still cleaning up after a massive fire at Universal Studios. The blaze destroyed several sets including one from Back to the Future. A King Kong exhibit and a video vault were also destroyed. Three firefighters were h

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年6月

1. A top US commander in Afghanistan is calling on a Florida church to put a stop to a planned Quran burning. The church says it will burn the Islamic holy book (on) September 11th, but General David Petraeus says that will only endanger US troops ov

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(九月)

Christmas in Nigeria is a family event, a time when lots of familymembers come together to celebrate and have fun. Mostfamilies, that live in cities, travel to the villages where theirgrandparents and older relatives live. 圣诞节在尼日利亚是一

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

奥地利 Christmas celebrations start with the feast of St. Nicholas. Saint is accompanied with a devil. He asks small children about their good and bad actions. Toys, sweets and nuts are gifted to good children. Brass instruments are used for playi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: There's a new religious statue in the town of Davidson, N.C., that's unlike anything you might see in a church. It depicts Jesus as a vagrant sleeping on a park bench. A few residents have complained, but most find the statue spi

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

The church in Germany 德国教堂 Bishop of bling 奢华的主教 Episcopal extravagance fuels criticism of state-financed churches 主教的土豪作风激发了对国家资助教堂的批评 THE faithful of Limburg, a diocese in Hesse, have been p

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Christian Bear基督徒熊One day this preacher decided that he would skip church and go hunting. 一天,牧师决定不去教堂而去打猎。 When in the woods he came upon a bear. He started running, and he ran for a while all of a sudden he tr

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

英语新词:夸奖别人的十个词语 1. Good job! 干得好! 2. Well done. 真棒! 3. Here you go. 干得好! 4. TERRIFIC! 太棒了! 5. Topnotch! 高手!绝对一流! 6. AWESOME! 好极了! 7. Good for you! 太好了,祝贺你!

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

In a small village, under a very large storm, floods submerged the whole village began, a priest in the church to pray and watch the flood he has a knee knees.Lifeguard driving a sampan came to church with the priest said: Father, come as soon as pos

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

双十一过去了双十二还远吗?接下来两个月的土堆好了吗?向父母男友哭穷的词备好了吗?只用poor根本不足表达以我们的穷苦程度,必须要整点新词了~ 1. dirt-poor 极贫困的 例句:Where would th

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

We loaded up my old station wagon With a tent, coleman, and sleepin' bags Some fishin' poles, a cooler of Cokes Three days before we had to be back When you're seven, you're in Seventh Heaven When you're goin' campin' in the wild outdoors And as we t

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

This is FRESH AIR. I'm Dave Davies, in for Terry Gross. In the novel The Testament of Mary, Colm Toibin imagines Mary's life and what goes through her mind years after the crucifixion of her son. The Testament of Mary is now out in paperback. The Mar

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

This is WEEKEND EDITION from NPR News. I'm Rachel Martin. DR. THOMAS GROOME: It was the most difficult thing I had ever done in my life, by far, to leave priesthood. It was painful. It was excruciating. I remember saying to an old spiritual director.

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

No, said Peleg, and he hasn't been baptized right either, or it would have washed some of that devil's blue off his face. 不,法勒说,他还没有正式受过洗呢,不然的话,他脸上该不会显得这么毫无神气吧(指魁魁格做了一天一

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记