We continue to work very closely with our European allies on the threat from international terrorism, including the role that al-Qaeda continues to play and information is routinely shared between the US and our key partners in order to disrupt terro

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(十)月

U.S. Supreme Court says that a memorial out in the Mojave Desert does not violate the U.S. Constitution. The memorial is a large cross. It was put up in 1934 to honor fallen soldiers. But it's located in a national park, and some people argue that it

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

From NPR News in Washington, Im Lakshmi Singh. President Obama says jobs market is beginning to turn the corner, encouraged by the Labor Departments March report out today showing 162,000 jobs added to the economy. Thats biggest gain in three years.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

每天都该对自己跟别人说的话 You are great. 一般的用法: You're great/errific. 你好棒/好厉害。 I admire you. 我佩服你。 You're really cool. 你真酷。 You're amazing. 你真

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

1. Chinese expected next leader is defending his nation's record on human right, but says there is room for improvement. Vice president Xi Jinping said he had candid discussions on the issue with President Obama at the White House. 2. President Obama

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(二月)

ANNOUNCER: People in America - a program in Special English on the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Warren Scheer and Shep O'Neal begin the story of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Junior. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: It all started on a bus. A black

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

Greek Finance Minister Resigns After No Vote 希腊财长在公投后辞职 In the news today Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis resigned Monday. His resignation came a day after Greek voters rejected a demand by international lenders for new fi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

你不知道怎么用英语夸赞别人,今天就为你介绍几种来解忧。 You did a great job. 你做得很好。 You really impress me. 你令我印象深刻。 You are a great asset to our company. 你是本公司的重要资产(台柱)。

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I am a vicar in the Church of England. 我是一名英国圣公会的牧师。 I've been a priest in the Church for 20 years. 我做牧师已经有20年了。 For most of that time, I've been struggling and grappling with questions about the nature o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

History he knew well, for it was a living thing with him. 他熟悉历史故事,它们对他来说都是活生生的事情。 There, he would say, pointing to a bend of the river, there, my boy, do you see those trees? 看那儿他会指着一处河弯

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Prayer is a very important part of many peoples lives. For those who pray, prayer provides great strength. But there are many people who do not pray. They either do not believe in God or are too lazy. Im always impressed when people say prayers helpe

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

A: Tom , have you heard there would be an exhibition of cars at the city center tomorrow? A: 汤姆,你听说明天市中心将举办一场车展的消息没? B: Yes. I heard that news on TV yesterday evening. B: 知道了,昨天晚上在电视上听

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语脱口秀之流行时尚

I The vicars wife came round the corner of the vicarage with her arms full of chrysanthemums. A good deal of rich garden soil was attached to her strong brogue shoes and a few fragments of earth were adhering to her nose, but of that fact she was per

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

❤ 模仿文本:And yet, as far as art and music were concerned, within the castle wars at any rate, it was business as usual right up until the mid-1660s. In fact, the first half of the 17th century turned out to be something of golden age for mu

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Satan's Sister 撒旦的妹妹 One Sunday morning, everyone in one beautiful, tiny town got up early and went to the local church. 星期天的早晨,一个美丽的小镇上的人们都早早地起床后来到教堂。 Before the service started,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

On Sunday the church was full. The minister explained the miracle. 星期日教堂坐满了人。牧师向大家解释那个奇迹。 He said that the words on the spider's web proved that human beings must always be on the watch for the coming of wo

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

The last two sheets were covered by the same precise, almost minute writing. As mean and grudging as her soul. I, Mary Elizabeth Carson, being of sound mind and sound body, do hereby declare that this is my last will and testament, thereby rendering

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

I don't know anything about Deacon Deuteronomy or his meeting, said I; all I know is, 面对比勒达咄咄逼人的嚎叫,我不慌不忙地说:我不知道什么德多罗诺米科尔曼执事。 that Queequeg here is a born member of the First

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

THIS IS AMERICA - Great-Grandma Did What?! Becoming an Explorer of Family HistoryBy George Grow and produced by Caty Weaver Broadcast: Monday, September 18, 2006 VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(九)月

Some Britons love ringing church bells so much that they think it ought to be an Olympic sport. 一些英国人如此喜爱在教堂敲钟,以致觉得它该被列为奥运会项目。 There are magazines devoted to bell ringing, there are bell-rin

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语