After meeting the foster moms, we all walk to the actual orphanage where Marissa was brought as a baby. We're told there are about 500 children living at this orphanage. There are tens of thousands of children just like them across China. All around

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Chinese officials now say that the gender imbalance poses a major threat to China and could trigger crimes like prostitution, forced marriages and abductions of women. These crimes have already begun. Zhu Wenguang is a private detective who earns his

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

And China's population is coming under control, but there are consequences no one intended. Couples often feel they must have a boy. That's because boys traditionally carry on the family name, provide labor and stay with parents in their old age, a k

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Not too far away is a little girl who has never known a mother, and she's never known a father, and she's never known a big sister. And today she's gonna get out of that. Hi, welcome to Ultimate Explorer, I'm Lisa Ling. Tonight, a story I've been wan

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Why is a boy so important? A girl is a person, too. I was angry. I told him, If you want to send me back to Hubei, I can't stop you. You think boys are so important, you can just stay here alone. That's what I told him then. 'If I have a girl, I'll t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

To see first-hand how the promise of a vast new market for America was playing out. I headed for China and the heart of its new industrial revolution, Shenzhen, south China's miracle city. Twenty years ago, this was all rice fields. Today, it's a sop

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

This is All Things Considered from NPR news. I'm Michelle Noris. And I am Robert Seagull, and we are going to continue now with our series on the growing sense of individualism in China. The series is called A Nation of Individuals. After decades of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

ANKARA, Oct. 11 (Xinhua) -- China's Huang Guangyuan won the first place in men's Nanquan competition in the 11th World Wushu Championships (WWC) held in Turkish capital Ankara, the WWC organizing committee announced on Tuesday. Huang recorded the hig

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Dr. Greg Austin is a fellow at the EastWest Institute in New York, and currently a visiting professor of international policy at the University of New South Wales in Canberra, Australia. Dr. Austin says he doesn't see China's moves in the region as a

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

在世界各地的购物中心,中国制造的标签越来越普遍。在美国,最大的零售商沃尔玛的顾客拥有广泛的商品选择权,其中大部分商品产自中国。 Listen Read Learn The label, Made in China, is one that is becoming increasing common in shopping centers all over the wor

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Chinas Foreign Ministry has protested Japans latest Defense White Paper that uses Chinese military development as an excuse to beef up the capabilities of its self-defense forces. The annually released White Paper claims that Japan is facing a worsen

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

Homepage China Video China dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea CCTV.com 05-28-2016 04:36 BJT Share this: Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on sinaweibo Share on email Font size: China is extremely dissatisfied with a statement by

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

For more on the South China sea dispute, we're joined in the studio by Liu Youfa, former vice president of China Institute of International studies. Q1: It seems many cards are being played over the South China sea issue. What does this mean for the

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

The conference was cohosted by Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies at Renmin University and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Former Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. China and the US have neither dispute over even one inch of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

In its final decision, the 5-member arbitration panel at the Hague sided with the 2013 claim filed by the former Philippine government. Among other conclusions it reached, the tribunal denied China's long-standing historical rights in the South China

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

The white paper reaffirms that China's sovereignty over the South China Sea and its islands have been established in the long course of history, and are solidly grounded in history and law. Chinese vice foreign minister Liu Zhenmin introduced the whi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Local media in the Philippines are reporting the country's former President, Fidel Ramos, has accepted an offer from current President Rodrigo Duterte to be the government's special envoy to China. 88-year-old Ramos was President of the Philippines f

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Chinas State Internet Information Office has just published an Americas Global Surveillance Record, a few days after the governments announcement that it would increase security checks for computer hardware and services. The Record is drafted by the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年05月

UNITED NATIONS, Nov. 1 (Xinhua) -- China on Tuesday urged the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to further strengthen its leading role in enhancing global nuclear safety and promoting relevant international cooperation. Wang Min, Chinese depu

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The UN Court of Arbitration is due to release the findings of its Philippine-initiated probe into the dispute over the Nansha Islands in the coming few weeks. Addressing its impending release, Ouyang Yujing, Director-General of the Chinese Foreign Mi

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台