PEOPLE IN AMERICA -January 13, 2002: Isaac Stern By Shelley Gollust VOICE ONE: I’m Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I’m Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

音乐例证:孩子也是最好的老师 Last October, Nathan Schram was giddy with anticipation. He had graduated a year earlierfrom university and had just joined the Academy. Its a program designed to help classicalmusicians like himself take on

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(八月)

18 Dale Carnegie 戴尔卡耐基 The name of Dale Carnegie is synonymous with success and influence. 戴尔卡耐基的名字几乎和成功、影响是同义词, Perhaps the most well-known author in the field of communication and public speaking,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we look at how times have changed for the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A writer once called it hell. Now

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

THIS IS AMERICA - A Cool Place That Welcomes Geeks? Try the Public Library BARBARA KLEIN: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And Im Christopher Cruise. This week on our program, we tell you about

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

A New Look at Andy Warhol's Lost Computer Art 新思维看待安迪沃霍尔的电脑艺术 Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. Im Caty Weaver. Today on the show we take a look at some recently recovered works by former pop culture

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Scientists Say We Need Softer Robots 科学家们表示人们需要柔软机器人 WASHINGTON Todays robots are mostly hard, rigid machines, with sharp edges and forceful movements. But a group of researchers at Carnegie Mellon University says robots

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

Review Three.It's lunchtime.Mike and Jim are still at F.A.O.Schwarz. They're very hungry and decide to ahve lunch at a good restaurant... but which one?Listen to the conversation. Listen carefully for the names of the three restaurants Mike and Jim t

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: an electronic tutoring system that helps non-native speakers of American English learn to pronounce words with a native accent. RS: The product is called NativeAccent. It's sold b

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

EDUCATION REPORT - U.S. Foundations Expand Support for African Universities By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, September 29, 2005 I'm Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Education Report. Si

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Medical dictionary springs from largely forgotten English/Creole database Rosanne Skirble | Washington, DC 08 February 2010 A largely forgotten translator is getting new life in the aftermath of the devastating January 12 earthquake in Haiti which le

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: an electronic tutoring system that helps non-native speakers of American English learn to pronounce words with a native accent. RS: The product is called NativeAccent. It's sold b

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Andrew Carnegie Andrew Carnegie, known as the King of Steel, built the steel industry in the United States, and, in the process, became one of the wealthiest men in America. His success resulted in part from his ability to sell the product and in par

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

有失公允!中国外交部驳斥中国增加非洲外债说 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- from a different perspective. I'm Suyi Coming up: --Xi Jinping has told Trump it is vital for the international community to

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

冬奥会过后,朝核关系何去何从 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Suyi Coming up: The Chinese Foreign Ministry says the country hopes North Korea and the United States c

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

朝鲜愿意与美商讨弃核?是诚意还是计谋 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Suyi Coming up: --Financial minister says China is fully capable of forestalling systemic r

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

中美贸易战暂停 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Suyi Coming up: --Chinese vice premier says China, U.S. agreed not to engage in trade war --South Korea president is set to

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

Today updated 20:00 2018/06/19朝鲜委员长金正恩三个月三访华 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm zhaoying Coming up: --Kim Jong Un is making a two-day visit to China, a w

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

How to be confident. 自信修炼术 When in doubt,act. 犹豫不决时,手去做。 It's the difference between running and stagnant water. When you're stagnant, doubt and insecurities breed like mosquitoes. Dale Carnegie wrote that inaction breed

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Topics: Patriotic songs; Carnegie Hall; grande versus venti (at Starbucks); troop versus troops; (something) is ghostwritten Words: patriotic to bless prayer national anthem prairie foam ocean current hall to seat acoustics to be lined with to be eng

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe