By Melinda Smith Washington 10 April 2008 Recent studies show that children who do not get enough sleep tend to have some emotional problems as well as weight gain later in life. As VOA's Melinda Smith reports, the research seems to blame the parents

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Fast cars, attractive people, a stone face, monotone Vin Diesel - must be the new Fast And Furious movie. (SOUNDBITE OF FILM, THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS) VIN DIESEL: (As Dom) I think I found my team. CORNISH: This week, the eighth i

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Well, hes gotta get a pair of lungs though, and thats for sure. Hes a big boy, hes quite heavy. But were still working on a name, so well have that soon to come. But its about time we see him already, so were having a proper chance to catch up what t

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Mahmoud: My brother emailed about an emergency situation. He needs $300 by tomorrow, but how can I get cash to him within 24 hours if Im here in Mexico City and hes in New York? Sharon: Thats easy. You can wire him the money from here and he can pick

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Hi, Mike. Haven't seen you for a while. How's Cathy? We are not seeing each other anymore. What happened? Did you break up? Yeah! I got sick and tired of her nagging all the time. Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe you were just emotional at that moment. Do you th

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

What's in your basket when you go to the supermarket? This question is food for thought for the British government when trying to calculate the rate of inflation. Experts have cooked up a hypothetical shopping basket of food and household goods which

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版