WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - Birds By Jill Moss Broadcast: Sunday, January 30, 2005 Now, the VOA Special English program,

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 Words & Their Stories

Lesson 23 Bird flight 鸟的飞行方法 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What are the two main types of bird flight described by the author? No two sorts of birds practise quite the same sor

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(681) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Wee Sing Around the World

More than half of U.S. households provide food for birds. It's a billion dollar industry. Now a study asks whether the same feeders that attract birds also attract predators that eat the eggs and newly hatched nestlings of those birds. We imagined th

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(一)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti. Rosanne Skirble is away, but joining me from Los Angeles is English teacher Lida Baker to explain our topic on Wordmaster this week. It's a feature of the language called compounding. LIDA BAKER: Compounding is when we take two w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Eating is something people do every day, so there are tons of expressions about it. In this episode, we talk about the amount that people eat. Sometimes we have big appetites and other times we dont want to eat much. Sometimes our eyes are bigger tha

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

A Bird came down the Walk - He did not know I saw - He bit an Angleworm in halves And ate the fellow, raw, And then he drank a Dew From a convenient Grass - And then hopped side wise to the Wall To let a Beetle pass - He glanced with rapid eyes That

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

With swine flu the big infectious disease story, you dont hear much about bird flu these days. And you may not have to look past your own nose for the reason. Because a new study finds that bird flu viruses may have trouble getting a good foothold i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Nelly Furtado,这个来自葡萄牙工人家庭的移民后代成为加拿大流行音乐新生代的代表,她传承了乡村音乐简单淳朴的曲风,散发着加拿大歌手独有的魅力。 I'm like a bird 我像鸟儿一样 You're beaut

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

THE HUMMING-BIRD Of all animated beings this is the most elegant in form and the most brilliant in colors. The stones and metals polished by our arts are not comparable to(1) this jewel of Nature(2).

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Antony of the band Antony and the Johnsons cut his teeth in New York's after hours cabarets and backing up rocker Lou Reed.His current group has a new album called I Am a Bird Now.Music critic Jerry Dannemiller has a review. OK,right up front.The fir

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

黄鸟儿 Yellow Bird Yellow bird 是The Brothers Four(四兄弟合唱团)的一张双唱片集《东京盒带》的白金名曲之一 四兄弟合唱团组建于1958年,成员是华盛顿大学的4名学生,Bob Flick、Michael Kirkland、John Pa

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 99首适合练习听力的英文歌

THE HAGUE, June 24 (Xinhua) -- Bird flu was discovered at a poultry farm in the central Dutch province of Flevoland, the Ministry of Agriculture said Friday. It said the virus discovered was a mild variant. The farm's 47,000 chickens were slaughtered

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Bird Flu Update By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Chicken farmers in the northeastern Unit

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

This is Richard, and I am back with the first part of a new Astropup serial. In case you have not heard our space-travelling before, You need to know that his comrades are a human called Marlow and a megalomaniac parrot. As ever, Astropup relates his

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

A Bird came down the Walk - He did not know I saw - He bit an Angleworm in halves And ate the fellow, raw, And then he drank a Dew From a convenient Grass - And then hopped sidewise to the Wall To let a Beetle pass - He glanced with rapid eyes That h

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

THE Humming-Bird Of all animated beings this is the most elegant in form and the most brilliant in colors. The stones and metals polished by our arts are not comparable to① this jewel of Nature②. She③ has placed it least in size of④ the order

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

A traveller who had visited Asia,Africa and Europe,at length,in making his tour through America,was overcome by heat,and lay tore pose under a tree.He had scarcely begun to doze when he was roused by a loud noise,of which he could not d

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

EIJING, Aug. 30 (Xinhuanet) -- The United Nations is warning authorities to be on high alert of bird flu as the virus appears to be returning. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization said in a statement Monday a mutant strain is spreading across par

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

【句子对照】 Don't be a total birdbrain. The directions are completely clear. 别犯傻了,方向很清楚。 【关键俚语】 birdbrain (noun) 英:[offensive] a stupid, unintelligent person 中:愚蠢的人,轻佻的人

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 美国常用英语俚语